Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Pheasant

Old 04-11-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Pheasant

I went on a pheasant tower shoot this past sunday. There was forty five guys. Everybody got to take home three birds. There 130 birds. Only four birds made it past the shooting cirlce. It was great!!! It was in upsatae N.Y.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pheasant

Sounds like you had a good time!!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:37 AM

I did a tower shoot about a month back, 300 birds and 20 guys. Only 140 birds were taken on that ... left a lot of birds to exercise the dogs on.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:29 PM

So let me get this right, a bunch of your buddies and you line up and shot birds that have been released from a cage as they fly by bewildered. Dosnt sound like much fun to me, more like shoting fish in a barrel , but mabe I am just old fashion. Ow wait I am only 21 I cant be old fashion. Also I think a box of clay pigeions will cost ya about 2 bucks at Walmart. I guess I just hold animals with alittle more respect then that.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:42 PM

I've never eaten a box of clays, you got some good recipes for them?
Are your PETA dues all paid up?
What's that saying about glass houses? Throwing stones? To each his own young gun!
RELAX and Keep taking your CHILL PILLS!
Old 04-30-2005, 08:33 PM

How about ya dont play the peta card from now on, its alittle plaed out. Just because someone dosent see somthing as being that ethical dosent mean he eat soy bean and and goes weeks without showering like those hippie dirt bags. I just dont see the point of letting them go to kill them when ya already had them in a pen and could have just slotered them right there. I hunt from sept 15 to the coldes day in winter and fish more then 200 days a year. I eat more wild game in a year then most city people see in there whole life. I beleve in a quick humane death and that why I practice my sportes so much ( thats the kind of death I hope I get). I would never hunt on a game farm but that is just me, but I understand that not everyone has as much time or opportunity as me and people want to hunt so they do what they can to get out and have the experience. I should have bit my tongue because I do some things that some people might see as not ethical, like hunt deer over bait. To each his own, and thanks for calling me out on it we hunters have to stick together on all issues or we will lose what we have.

That young gun comment was pritty funny and I am being serious.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:52 PM

tower shoot =/= fair chase
Old 05-02-2005, 03:03 PM

What do ya mean by =/=, I am not that good with this comp lingo.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:12 PM

"not equal to"

I'm not making a statement about whether or not one should participate in tower shoots. However, I do not believe they represent the fair chase ethic.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:04 PM

Ya got it right, oldgrunt. Not at all fair chase. A tower shoot is a good way for a bunch of yuppies to get out and see who has the most expencive gun, and coolest shooting vest. Well have your fun on your Tower Shoots, and just remember when you are out there I will be stalking some wild game in the big "wild" north woods.

Later Yall

Box of pigions $1
!lb. of Chicken $4.50
Actually being able to call you self a hunter "priceless"
The Real Woods Experiance
For Everyone Else
Theirs Tower shoots

Quick Reply: Pheasant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.