Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

upland hunt in Montana

Old 04-07-2005, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: upland hunt in Montana

Don't overlook Block Management in those area's as options to hunt. Saw many birds while antelope hunting Eastern Montana units.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:59 AM

This is Eastern MT. The field behind us yielded the birds. It is a Block Management Parcel

Old 04-30-2005, 06:55 PM

you local boys coughed up some good info, my hats off to all of you! I too would love to get up there one day!
I hunt mainly in my home state, Ca. Been to Oregon, along the Snake, and Arizona for quail and dove!
I've read lots of articles on Montana, it sounds like upland paradise to me. Not to mention the waterfowl opportunities.
This is where my heart lives, in the uplands. The sound of hunting sharptails, huns, pheasant, prairie chickens, the various grouse, and throw in some waterfowl over a week or so, would be a upland dream come true!
You guys know how I could make a living up there? Been wanting out of socal all my life, just haven't mustered up the gumption to uproot!
Old 06-02-2005, 12:44 PM

we usually try to get birds inbetween trying to get antelope. I love the variety they have out there the only problem i have is there perdictions can be a little vauge. Like last year the perdicted that around glendive the hunting would be great. group of 8 we only got 3 sharpies. of those i only got one and at over $100 for an upland license that was one expensive bird