Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Grouse/Woodcock Hunting in Maine >

Grouse/Woodcock Hunting in Maine

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Grouse/Woodcock Hunting in Maine

Old 02-17-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Grouse/Woodcock Hunting in Maine

Looking for some help from the friendly people of Maine. I, along with 4 of my bird hunting buddies, are planning a grouse / woodcock hunt in Maine this October. We are leaning toward the Washington County / Calais area, hoping to zero in on some of the European Woodcock. Any help in locating public hunting ground in and around this particular area would be a huge help. Or if you think we are on the wrong track let me know this as well. We are all avid bird hunters have our own dogs, and are very much looking forward to our time in Maine. Thanks in advance for any help you could offer.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Spike

Default RE: Grouse/Woodcock Hunting in Maine

I live in Maine--I haven't hunted that area you are looking at, but you might want to consider the western Maine area including Eustis/Rangely area (good lodge & guides: King & Bartlett) or the Moosehead area. Right now we are on a down swing for the grouse pop and the woodcock pop is also in decline...hope this helps,

Kelley Landry