Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 I just bought a Stoeger 16 gauge Uplander.. >

I just bought a Stoeger 16 gauge Uplander..

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

I just bought a Stoeger 16 gauge Uplander..

Old 08-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default I just bought a Stoeger 16 gauge Uplander..

Just bought it at lunch. I was tired of being in my office so I went down to the gunshop and there it was. Man it is pretty. I have always wanted a 16 gauge side by side. So I gave the man $286 and walked away.. Got me two boxes of shells and tonight were gonna blast some clays.

Anyone else have a Stoeger Uplander, I have heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:10 PM

Default RE: I just bought a Stoeger 16 gauge Uplander..

I personally have the Uplander Supreme in a 12ga. Pretty much the same gun but opposed to the standard model Uplander it has fancier, high glossed stocks and a single selective trigger. I love the way it shoots and handles but in all honesty I would rather have the standard model with double triggers and fixed chokes. Just seems a little more nostalgic to me. I like the gun nonetheless.

I also got to looking at the 16ga a while back as I wanted something with a good punch like a 12 but a little lighter and handier package like a 20 and figured the 16 would pull this of rather handily. But someone informed me that the Stoeger 16 is based on the 12 frame and weight between the two would be little if noticed at all so I just set my 16ga wishes aside for the time being. But, one day.....
Old 08-02-2004, 11:34 PM

i dont have the uplander, but i just got the condor supreme O/U. thats a great looking gun also has great wood, and an awsome finish. i braught it to the shooting range twice so far, and the clays are just dust. great for the price, and i got an awsome deal on it.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

I took it out last night and flung a few clays, and boy did it dust them. The double triggers were great, and even the difference in choke of the barrels seemed to be a perfect combination. I looked at the O/U condor supreme and it was a nice shotgun, felt great, swung great. I have just always wanted a 16 side by side, so far im not disappointed. It actually performed better than I expected.
Old 08-03-2004, 02:50 PM

sounds great...when i was looking at affordible O/U, all i could find were plain and simple guns no very fancy or looked and felt cheap, or ones with no auto ejectors, or they had some cheap ugly looking wood. for the price i got the condor supreme, i dont think any O/U out there can compete with its awsome looks, fine wood, and great finish(not including selective triggers and auto ejectors). i also really seemed to be impressed when i braught it to the trap range. it shot and swung great. i dont think i made so many clays turn into dust before[8D]. well good luck
Old 08-11-2004, 08:56 PM

Hey, congrats on your new scattergun. I am looking into getting one also. Hey yall, I really need some help. I would like to get an Uplander with a 26" barrel or 22" that is either 20 or 12 gauge. I am about 6'2 295 pnds. Pls help me decide which is for if you can. I have never shot a 12 before just 410s and 20s. Also, do the Uplanders have "Automatic Ejectors"? Thanks!