Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

January Upland destination

Old 07-27-2023, 06:00 AM
Spike

Default January Upland destination

Hello,
Looking for opinions on upland DIY destination in Late December (Christmas week) or January. I primarily hunt grouse and woodcock in Northern Wisconsin and any vacation I have I use doing that. I get more after the first of the year and am thinking of loading dogs up for a 4–5-day trip out of state. Possibly quail hunting. I have been looking at Kansas but am not sure or really familiar or set on Kansas. I have only been out of state hunting pheasant and sharpies in October in South Dakota, but not recently. Any recommendations from anyone?
Old 07-28-2023, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Woodcock would be plentiful if you can catch the migration, but the DNR just came out with a report that the grouse drumming count is down by 11% overall. The 10 year cycle is on the downswing.