Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
Hoping for great hatch and survival >

Hoping for great hatch and survival

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Hoping for great hatch and survival

Old 06-19-2015, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hoping for great hatch and survival

Been a pretty good spring here in NE Montana, lots of cover and rains have been decent for most areas. Now I just hope chicks have great survival and mother nature cooperates. We had very good population coming out of winter so my hopes are high for a great fall.
I did notice on a trip out to Bozeman then back up thru Helena and Great Falls, most areas look awesome, big game should have a good year too, habitat looks awesome!
Old 07-23-2015, 09:24 AM
Spike

Any updates since the original post? I won't make it to MT this year, but I will join a good friend in the next 3 or 4 years to hunt there. I'm most interested in the variety of upland species he's told me/I've read about.

KS looks better this year than it has in a couple, but I don't think they'll make a full recovery in one breeding season. What I know with certainty is that I'm excited to get out there and find out!
Old 07-24-2015, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

See my post on another thread please....looking good so far though.