Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
best ruffed/sage grouse in canada >

best ruffed/sage grouse in canada

Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

best ruffed/sage grouse in canada

Old 09-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Spike

Default best ruffed/sage grouse in canada

where do yall think the best ruffed or sage grouse hunting in canada is? i know the white river (north/central ontario region) is great for just driving dirt roads and seeing up to 10 per day.. where do you guys think?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

While I can not speak alot for grouse hunting in Canada. I do know that in Maine you can see up to 50 plus a day driving the dirt raods once the leaves start falling. My guess would most certainly be most anywhere in New Brunswick would be great for ruffed grouse. I know of a lot of hunters there that mostly hunt just deer, moose, and bear. That leaves a lot of grouse not being hunted.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Spike

I have a thread going on Sage Grouse hunting, however im wondering from someone who has hunted these what shot do you reccomend out of a 12 gauge and also should i use 3inch. Choke Recomendations???

sorry i havnot hunted in canada yet so i dont know but would like to know more on this species
Old 09-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

Grouse hunting here in New Brunswick will be great this year.Wife and I was out to my woodlot this morning and seen 11 driving in my road.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by warny
Grouse hunting here in New Brunswick will be great this year.Wife and I was out to my woodlot this morning and seen 11 driving in my road.
I hope you're right! I don't think the fall shuffle has started here yet, though. I went out Saturday (all day) and only saw one. I'm in southern NB.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Spike

Best grouse and woodcock is North of the water shed in Ontario always limit out in about two hours driving the bush roads on quads. Most haven't seen hunters so a .22 works great with a 20ga or .410 as cleanup. great pickeral (Walleye) as well or the afternoon. Send me an e-mail if to want more detales. Best of of all it's crown land so no fees.

Pete