Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Midwest Pheasants

Old 01-13-2007, 08:28 AM

Default Midwest Pheasants

Im looking to take my dad on a Pheasant hunt in the Midwest sometime next year. I was wondering if you could give me ideas on good ranches out there for Upland Game. Im new to Pheasanthunting anddont really know much about hunting Pheasants. I want to take him on this trip becasue he always talks about when he was younger and used to go hunt Pheasants and how its almost impossible to find them in PA anymore so im going to plan a trip for both of us.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Midwest Pheasants

S.D.

*end of thread*
Old 01-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

I live in Winner, South Dakota and know several places that have great hunting. Most all have wild birds. They can cost around a couple hundred bucks per gun a day. It's big business here in South Dakota so it is very hard to find a place to hunt for free or cheap. Do you want to hunt in a group or just you and your father? I could probably help with any question you have about south dakota pheasant hunting. Just ask what ever you need to know and I will answer. My family has a few acres but we save that us hunting deer and pheasants. My uncles have a lot of land. They are usually booked up the first several weekends. They usually have two groups of around 20 hunters,so if you want to plan something for the early part of the season, you should start soon.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

SD is the best pheasant hunting in the WORLD...no question about it....
Old 02-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

sent you an email retaks
Old 02-01-2007, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Retaks

Im looking to take my dad on a Pheasant hunt in the Midwest sometime next year. I was wondering if you could give me ideas on good ranches out there for Upland Game. Im new to Pheasanthunting anddont really know much about hunting Pheasants. I want to take him on this trip becasue he always talks about when he was younger and used to go hunt Pheasants and how its almost impossible to find them in PA anymore so im going to plan a trip for both of us.
go to www.freepheasanthunt.com and you can get a free hunt from the outfitters on it if you get a group together

it's my site, so i'm sorry for the cheap plug, but it could save you some cash (which you could spend in Dallas, SD)
Old 02-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

But won't he have to find 8 or 9 hunters that do pay before he gets to hunt for free? I'm not saying its a bad deal at all, it just might be hard for some people to get a big group together. sounds like a good deal for the outfitter as well though because it helps insure them that they'll have a bigger group. Do you only have outfitters form the Gregory area or is it possible for others to get together and work with you?