Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Perfect Trip to Chamberlein, SD!!! >

Perfect Trip to Chamberlein, SD!!!

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Perfect Trip to Chamberlein, SD!!!

Old 10-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default Perfect Trip to Chamberlein, SD!!!

Well, just got back from our annual opening weekend South Dakota pheasant hunt and boy oh boy was it a good one! The roosters were think again this year as we had 67 men in our group and everyone got their limits for the three day hunt. We hunted around Reliance, SD which is situated just west of the Missouri River off of HWY 90.

The birds were as think as ever! We found the most success in corn fields while we were up there. Milo strips work well as usual, but seemed to hold more hens than rosters. Hunted a couple of timber strips and they were dynamite. Most waterholes were dried up, but the ones that had a little water left in them had aton of birds sitting around them.Guess it's time to start conting down the days til I get to go back up there!
Old 10-27-2006, 01:31 PM

Default RE: Perfect Trip to Chamberlein, SD!!!

I am leaving Nov 1st for 15 day of hunting starting in Iowa then on to Minnisota then South Dakota, Kansas then on home to Texas. I hope you left a few Rooster around Ocoma.