Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Pictures

Old 03-07-2006, 04:57 PM

Default Pictures

I want to see all your guys hunting pics of this year.I will put mine on as soon as we get are scanner fixed. Thanks!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pictures

lets see if i can still do this...

hen pheasant...lots and lots of leg work for that one flush with no dog! actually had a single hen jump out of a corn field early...then followed it and flushed 2 more in a grass field..got this one...amazing shot..i wish i had a witness....HIGH...FAR crossing shot...i was shocked i folded it..and it hit off the tops of the trees that were pretty dang high and far away! couldnt find the other 2 for my limit of 2...

and heres 2 ruffed grouse.....lotsssss of leg work once again...between 3 of us that day we had 30 some flushes no lie...maybe some of the same birds..but i got my first one and i think 6 more flushed infront of my buddy...the other 2 couldnt hit beans!..i got my limit!!

didnt get to do much bird hunting this year...chased deer and turkeys most of the year...
Old 03-09-2006, 05:59 AM

looks like a good time to me. I only have 1 grouse kill to my many years of trying. I can get them phesants though. They move a little bit slower for me
Old 03-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

alot of guys have trouble hitting grouse..they do fly nuts...catch speed quick...and sometimes are truely impossible to hit....but i dont know why i can hit them.....that day i was 2/3..missed only one that i SHOULD have had..but i was falling down a hillside as i was shooting..so that may be why....i should have got into some kinda clay shooting when i was younger...im just a pure natural....not trying to toot my own horn or anything.....i dont know why im good at wing shooting...just about the only natural talent i have lol....my buddy and his dad were BIG into upland hunting and clay shooting...i went with thema few times.....alot of pheasant hunting....i dont recall any pheasants making it out alive..we hunted with dogs...fun but wasnt much to shot over a dog.....but we went skeet shooting once....my buddy been shooting skeet weekly since he could pretty much....and i got the same score he did on my first round EVER with a mossberg 500...the kid was shooting the highest grade browning citori they make..it was like 3grand or more....and there i am with a 150$ pump gun that was WAY to large for me at the time...i dont know why i got the natural talent! but i aint complaining!! i do get bored once in a while with my buddies......always have to hunt ALLLL day when we all should had limits a lonnnng time ago.......like that day grouse hunting i limited out and had to walk around the woods with them till dark.....it was like 2 when i limited...carrying around 2 grouse...not much else in the woods to shoot....wish we could party hunt here.....i would got their limits for them lol.....
Old 03-12-2006, 04:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

My Irish onhis firstpheasant hunt in September his tail is not up here and to close but has been doing much better now. And he is holding steady!

Can you see the check cord ?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

This was a good day in PA.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:26 PM

Awesome pictures guys. Congrats on the success.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:18 PM

Hi just went out last weekend and took some picutures of some pheasnats and deer, all the way here in Germany. Wanted to share them with you.

Old 04-11-2006, 05:19 PM

And here is a Kodack moment:
Old 04-12-2006, 10:13 AM

I remember a poem that mirrors your thought.

"COURAGE IS THE ARMOUR A BLIND MAN WEARS.

THE CALLOUSED SCARS OF OUTLIVED DISPAIRS.

COURAGE IS FEAR THAT HAS SAID IT'S PRAYERS."

J. Baker

Quick Reply: Pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.