Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

just wondering

Old 02-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default just wondering

I'm sure everyone here has heard of the the vice presidents hunting trip and of him shooting a fellow hunter. in the latest news release the white house is placing the blame on the hunter that was shot. In my opinion the vice pres was at fault and negligent in not looking before he shot!! this could have been much worse than it was if 12ga. were involved or the range was shorter. whatare the opinions of folks here???
and what is the law in texas on misshaps like this??? in washington you shoot someoneor something be it a coww or house or whatever you are at fault and stand to lose your hunting prevliges

Tony
Old 02-14-2006, 02:35 PM

Default RE: just wondering

Cheney is definitely responsible. However, the guy probably feels terrible right about now and of course he didn't mean to do it. Should we make excuses for him? No, but no one is probably harder on him than himself right now and the media circus is ridiculous.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

I guess from reading the latest news reports it's ok to shoot someone while hunting in Texas.. as long as it is a accident!!! I think I'll take my ex quail hunting!!! I was wondering what the laws in Texas were and I guess this last report has let me know about Texas laws.

Tony
Old 02-14-2006, 05:05 PM

What would you like to see happen?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:36 PM

can some one take my ex quail hunting in TX?
Old 02-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Fork Horn

posted he should be punished in some way or anouther, he was negligent in his handling of a firearm!!!! for all we know he could of been drunk!!!! the secret service did not let the sheriff talk to him till the next day!!!
like I said in my first post if you shoot someone while hunting here in the state of Washington you be screwed for hunting for a good long time if not for life!!! hell just shoot a cow and see what happens to ya!!!!

Tony
Old 02-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Spike

Finnbear,
I think that the comments of people that have hunted with the vice presidents in the past are true, he probley is a safe hunter. I think one thing that this incident shows is that when hunting one must stay focused on safety in the field every time we are out, not just on the birds. I can agree with you in that he is responsible, he pulled the trigger.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

I'm curouis as to the laws of other states on this kind of thing

Tony
Old 02-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Spike

Tony, in our great state of Washington, the biggest thing is No Hunting Rights for any Game, for 3 Years. In the case of the V.P. He would have gotten a fine for at least 275.00 on the Quail license infraction. You are right you will lose those Rights for shooting a dog, a cat, anything that is not a Game Animal, Fowl or Bird.