Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

NE Ohio Pheasant Hunting?

Old 11-29-2005, 12:44 PM

Default NE Ohio Pheasant Hunting?

Anyone know of any good areas/farms/public land etc. to hunt pheasant in the NE Ohio area? It amazes me why Ohio pheasant hunting is not popular because the vast fields and land here make it ideal, along with good temps. Thanks for the info in advance!
Old 12-02-2005, 07:23 PM

Default RE: NE Ohio Pheasant Hunting?

Yeah I know what you mean I live in Sandusky (in Castalia) if anyone knows any in the area I'd be happy to try.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:15 PM

Well, I know ODNR releases at Delaware (don't know how close that is to you)...or at least they have in the past. I might also recommend Wild Wing Outfitters in Coshocton, OH. Don't know if they are still there, but I did a preserve hunt there a few years ago and it was a nice place with flighty birds. Good luck!
Old 12-18-2005, 03:27 PM

I live in southern ohio and was wondering why we don't have more pheasant.I have lived here all my life and have never seen a wild pheasant
at least not around my house we have some quail but no pheasant.It's not like the habitat isn't there?predators aren't real bad,plenty of corn and beans for food.Do I have to let some loose? just one of the many questions I can't figure out.