Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

dove

Old 08-09-2005, 12:12 AM

Default dove

Do you guys think that the mojo dove decoy is any good ... and is one enough .... also for my "cheapie" decoys what kind should i get the clip ons or the inflatables?

thanks,Matt
Old 08-09-2005, 03:08 AM

Default RE: dove

the mojo seems to work i seen a fella use one last year i dont know about the decoys
Old 08-09-2005, 07:04 PM

Being from SoCal.I've never needed decoys, the birds are literally everywhere, in the cities, everywhere!
The central valley of Ca. is the agricultural center of the country, and the Imperial Valley in the So.East portion of the state is unbelieveable for dove, especially along the Colorado River in the Yuma/Winterhaven areas!
It is not uncommon to bag a limit of birds within a half hour or less, 10 is the limit, sure wish it was raised to at least 15/day!
I'll be missing the dove opener for the first time in ten years, and before that, it was never. I'm hoping I'll get into dove in Minnesota, and share with those folks their second season ever in some 50 odd years!
Good luck to all, and remember "KEEP YOUR SHOTS ABOVE YOUR SHOULDERS"
Old 08-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

i have a mojo dove decoy and seems to work good to bring doves in from distances.Last year early in the season it worked execlent. I have both the clip on flambeau decoys, and the inflatable ones. Decoy style would depend on where your going to hunt, the clip ones are much better for trees and fences, while the inflatables are much better for the ground. A cheaper alternative to the mojo dove is the new motion dove decoy without a motor. (wind powered). They are only about $12.00 and only need a 3 mph wind.