Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Female searching for shotgun >

Female searching for shotgun

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Female searching for shotgun

Old 08-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Female searching for shotgun

As much as I love my two Benelli's in both the field and the duck blind, I think the perfect gun for you is the Browning Gold Hunter 20 gauge. The recoil is very minimal even in the pheasant loads and it isa very well made upland gun. I just was at Gander Mountain in Milwaukee and saw that Browning is running a $100 rebate on all Gold's.

I agree with most that have replied that the 20 gauge is the way to go. 28g is nice for grouse and doves etc. Not always, but most of the time, pheasants need a little more punch in order to make a clean, quick kill.

-Mathewsconquest2

Old 08-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

Go for the Gold! My friend is very recoil sensitive but he likes shooting his Browning alot. He shoots 20ga also. I don't really like theBeretta/Benelli new age styling. It's sorta like fitting a folding stock to Fox-Sterling. Some things just don't go together but to each his/her own.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:46 PM

For the following reasons:

First consider a used 20 Ga Rem 1100. (or 1187 with choke tubes.)

Very low recoil!

Cost around $350 for a very nice used one $600 for new, You will get your money back on a used one when you sell.

The stock can be bent so that it will fit you! If you have to cut it shorter that will not affect resale. Longer you can just add a pad.

Get the Youth Model and adjust it, the shorter barrel is an advantage. The lighter weight is an advantage. At our Club 10 year olds tell me that the 20 ga 1100 does not kick at all. Above all DO NOT try to learn shooting GETTING KICKED! it will ruin your shooting.

Go to the Skeet Club FIRST! Look for the gun there; watch the lady skeet shooters; When you note a lady who seems to hardly use any effort shooting--- and looks "Chic" doing it: Copy her Form: in how she stands, how she handles the gun, how she swings the gun. DO NOT copy her $4,000.00 gun at this time. Do copy her clothes.

A Woman who has learned to stand, walk and shoot skeet properly is "Chic" and attractive. This self (or professional) training will change peoples view of you!

Go shoot skeet as often as possible, Wal-Mart sells 20 Ga shells for $3 to $4 per box. They also sell 28 Ga shells for $8 or more per box. That is one reason why you may not start with a 28 Ga., there are others! You need a lot of practice. It takes two years to learn a new game. Find a pleasant Skeet Club and enjoy--you need the practice.

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT YOUR SCORE, Concentrate on the proper gun mount, the proper swing, the proper use of vision, proper diet for your eyes; You can learn to hit all the birds later AFTER--- your form and swing is learned correctly!

Be sure to visit several Skeet Clubs and pick a gal or two as your model, the ones that appear as you would like be seen. The ones that make it look ---EFFORTLESS!

Again do not worry about your score, don't pay any attention to it--just ask the other shooters if you are holding--- swinging--- and shooting at the right time---.

You may well get an advice overload---first concentrate on posture and swing, then add other things one at a time. Some Pro shooters give lessons, take them but do not try to go tooooooo fast.

Been there Done that, Enjoy watching Girls who have good form.

Yesterday WE had a Fun shoot at our club: A lady and her friend beat us all who are seasoned shooters for the highest prize at the Fun Shoot which imitates hunting.

I am 79 years and I won one of the 8 games and came in 2nd in two others shooting a 12 Ga 1100! But I do not suffer from malnutrition. I eat to live and I live to shoot!

After you know more than I do about all this, then buy a fancy 28 Ga. Shotgun and Enjoy!

AFTER you have learned how to shoot Skeet as outlined above--then take up shooting Trap, Sporting Clays and Fun Shooting.

You can also find me on these two tiny lists called [email protected] or [email protected]

Best Regards,

Loenzo