Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 searching for a new bow >

searching for a new bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

searching for a new bow

Old 02-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Spike

Default searching for a new bow

[:-]I going to get a new bow for this coming season. I've been looking at PSE's Baby-G package in Cabela's. Does anyone out there have any imput/comments on this bow? I hunt in Central Florida and I want somthing light, short axle to axle and in the neighborhood of 300 FPS. Thanx!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: searching for a new bow

My cousin bought a pse stingray about 2 years ago and the has roughly the same a to a length as the baby-g. It is a great bow for hunting out of tree stands seeing as how you can move around alot easier but personally I have never had an issue with this. His is not quite as fast or as accurate as my bowtech but that is because I have a 38 a to a length (which helps with accuracy) and I shoot a dual cam bowtech (which by nature is a much faster bow). All in all I like the baby-g but it wouldn't be "my" first choice. With some tuning any bow is going to be accurate, it's just that I prefer a bow that is going to be easier for me to tune and has more speed. But this is just my personal preference. By the way what is the package price on the baby-g?
Old 02-11-2004, 01:17 PM

I wouldnt recommend the pses. they have bad reviews and the limbs on them break relatively easy. if you are plannin on spending 400 on the package save it and by a bowtech or a matthews. it will last much longer and the bowtechs are even faster. They are good bows. But if you are set on that bow i would recommend goin somewhere and shootin it first. You always want to go with whats more comfortable.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:39 PM

I shoot a 23 yr. old PSE Phaser 2 and killed my first bow deer with it this last season. I plan on buying the new Mathews Outback in a couple weeks though. I belive that I even have the original limbs on it.
Old 02-11-2004, 08:40 PM

venisonman,

I would recommend that if you are looking for a forgiving bow with speed, the baby g probably isn't the bow for you. It has a very short brace height. therefore if you have any change in your form then this bow will let you know. Also if your form is a little bit bad you can slap the heck out of you arm, so I would recommend an arm guard with this bow.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:03 PM

I shot a friends Baby-G last season until I bought my LX. It is a very fast bow, but it is loud and not very forgiving. I would suggest something with a longer brace height.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely nothing wrong with PSE!They have many very good bows on the market and the baby-g is one of them--every company has a run of less than perfect parts here and there,yes,even HOYT,MATHEWS AND BOWTECH.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:28 AM

My friend has a buck master i use it a lot for practise and i think it's nice
Old 02-12-2004, 12:42 PM

Shucky darns, I would sell you mine. It's an older Browning single-cam that is lightweight, about 37" i think axle-to-axle, and is a good all around bow Has a detachable quiver, built in no lose peep sight, mole skin, silencers. I have a cobra rest and stabilizer on witha 2 pin truglo sight.
FPS is around 25-275 not real sure since last i checked. MIght sell for $180.00 OBO
Old 02-12-2004, 02:52 PM

Nothing wrong with PSE at all, they led the industry for years and are still considered a top dog

Quick Reply: searching for a new bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.