Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Fall hunting question. Please check out!! >

Fall hunting question. Please check out!!

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Fall hunting question. Please check out!!

Old 05-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fall hunting question. Please check out!!

I had a question. Last fall I went out and had the birds patterned to a tee. I have for several falls. They do the same thing EVERY morning. I missed a tom last fall and decided not to go out much more only because I got to thinking. Is it a bad Idea to shoot a tom in the fall if it is the same area I hunt in the spring. I have about 800 or so total acres to hunt but I know that this group of toms I have patterned are some of the same ones I hunt in the spring. Would you guys hunt them in the fall? Or would you shoot a hen instead? I love spring hunting so much and would 10 times rather do it then fall hunting but I do think it is fun calling them in in the fall, and it is a lot easier. Just want some opinions I guess. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fall hunting question. Please check out!!

some people hunt them in the fall but i dont.. i only shoot hens in the fall.. i passed on one of the biggest toms ive ever seen this fall, so i would have a chance at him this spring. the thing is it was blind luck i didnt call him in he just happend to walk by, and to me thats not as much fun as calling him up in the spring time..