Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 New Federal Flitecontrol Turkey loads >

New Federal Flitecontrol Turkey loads

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New Federal Flitecontrol Turkey loads

Old 04-26-2005, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default New Federal Flitecontrol Turkey loads

As anyone shot the new Fereral Turkey loads yet? I was wondering how they match up to remington's heavyshot.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:07 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Federal Flitecontrol Turkey loads

they shoot great for my Rem 870. i do not use the heavy version,though. The wad soared out to 45 yards while patterning and I anchored 2 birds in Ohio last week with them at 40 + yards.

I give them 2 thumbs up!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:12 AM

i tryed the new loads outa my 835 and at 40 yds 3 1/2 in shell shot the wad through the my paper turkeys head gives a pretty good pattern about 30-45 pellets in the head and neck with a jelly head choke not sure compaired to hevi loads are to expensive just to shoot at paper.But the flightwads are pretty good

"ITS CALLED HUNTING NOT SHOOTING"
Old 04-26-2005, 10:42 AM

I patterned the lead version of the shell, Iam not into paying 3.00 a shell for the heavy stuff. I used the 3.5" #5's I think it was 2.25 oz. payload; these things patterned great in my MP153 consistently getting 25-30 pellets in the kill zone at 40 yards. 40 yards is my self imposed limit due to my eyesight.

I also patterned the heavi shot 3.5" #5's (not sure of the payload), but the Federal ammo out performed the Remington hands down. I found my new shotshell and saved $10.00 a box.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Want to save even more $$. Buy 3" Federal Heavy Pheasant loads with buffered #4,5,or 6's. 2.25 oz. They are IDENTICAL, IDENTICAL, IDENTICAL to the shells in the turkey box, but you pay 10 bucks for 25 shells vs. 12 bucks for 10 shells.
I've been using the same box of shells for the past 4 years. I should be able to get through this season then buy another box next year. Way too much money is wasted on "Turkey Loads" when really they aren't, they are just in a neat little box that costs way more money.

If you want Heavy Shot, look at Duck and Goose loads. Compare dram equiv, fps, ect and you will see it is all the same except for price.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:18 PM

I shot them(3-1/2" #5 shot heavywieght) with Mossy 835/ Jellyhead .690 choke and they shot better tighter pattern than Rem's.

At 30 yds, they practically blew turkey head on target away completely, at 40...about 30-35 in head neck area.

I will say they seemed to kick like a mule compared to the rem's also though and my friend said the same of his.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for all the feedback guys...............
Old 04-27-2005, 09:13 AM

Handles, Thanks for the heads up on the pheasant, duck and goose loads. Being a bean counter I am always looking at ways to save money.

Spatrat
Old 04-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 04-29-2005, 11:09 AM

If I can join in . . . I LOVE 'EM. I've shot 2 toms w/ the shells this spring, no flop, down like a ton of bricks. They pattern well, and, unlike those cursed Remington HeviShots, they don't leak buffer all over the place!!

Quick Reply: New Federal Flitecontrol Turkey loads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.