Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Help me with buying a good box call ... >

Help me with buying a good box call ...

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Help me with buying a good box call ...

Old 04-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help me with buying a good box call ...

Dr.

I've never tried one, but the calls on this site look pretty nice, there's a link where you can listen to it.

Dad's Calls look good - I like the Kentucky boatpaddles (longboxes) - too expensive for me just yet.

Here's a link to a bunch of other custom call makers.

I take no responsibility for you spending a whole boatload of money (or at least more than you should) on random turkey calls!!

Happy hunting
Quik
Old 04-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

You are correct that is why the were edited for advertising. We aren't allowed to advertise another site on here that doesn't advertise with huntingnet. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation. Pat
Old 04-14-2005, 08:31 PM

Wow Pat, that's news to me! Is this a recently enacted policy? I've linked to sites lots of times on here before with no problems. Guess I didn't know we weren't supposed to link to "non-advertisers" anymore! That seems like a shame to me! Oh well, life goes on.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mo thank you for the information and I am with YOU ..I had no idea you could not put a link like that on here ...well Pat is the internet police so he should know I guess this forum is like everything else ALL ABOUT THE MONEY ...that sucks!!

Doc
Old 04-15-2005, 07:41 AM

Go to the NWTF site, they have a turkey call forum that is a wealth of info on different callmakers. Hope thats not advertising and if it is then I`m leaving never to darken this site again!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I disagree with this policy, Pat. I believe that any forum erected as a resource for hunters, and a forum for discussion about the ways & means of hunting should include the ability to post a link to a product or products that one member has a question about or is asking other hunters to try out.

I agree that there is a fine line between "advertising" and "recommending" but I think we were all on the right side of the fence here.

Nobody here was "advertising," we were simply answering a guy's question about where he could get a nice boxcall - and said answer, in it's most simplistic form, is a link to a website where he could, in fact, make such a purchase.

I don't think you should have 86'ed all of our links. I spent a considerable amount of time researching Dr. Death's request, and I'm sure the others did as well.

I guess I'm politely asking you to not follow HNI policy in such a rigid fashion, as the above-referenced behavior is counterproductive to the goals of this forum as I understand them.

Quiksilver
Old 04-15-2005, 01:58 PM

I am with quiksilver on this one, if the only advertisers calls can be discussed or recommended then I`ll stay at the sites that allow free discussion. None of the deleted posts came across as advertising! Heck I even got burned by a callmaker that I contacted through this forum. Does this mean that any remarks about a call (Madds Dead Silence comes to mind) will be deleted if their an advertiser? Advertisements should be deleted, not opinions! As a consumer I`ll could in the same token boycott any call manufacturer that advertises here.
Old 04-15-2005, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

If you don't agree with the rule then you need to take that up with admin not argue with me in open forum. It has been that way for as long as I have been here. Sorry guys not my rules.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:47 PM

If you don't agree with the rule then you need to take that up with admin not argue with me in open forum.
Now that I agree with!

I would like to invite anyone that thinks the editing of our post was unfair to join me in sending an email to [email protected] and express your dissatisfaction. I would also like to ask that when you send your e-mail it be factual and please use tact in expressing your opinion, as we all know one gets more flies with honey then one gets with vinegar. Thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to express yourself on this issue!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will log said complaint when I get the time. Probably around lunchtime.