Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Every Turkey Call Is A Good Call >

Every Turkey Call Is A Good Call

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Every Turkey Call Is A Good Call

Old 03-22-2006, 09:13 AM

Default Every Turkey Call Is A Good Call

No matter what one I use...The worst sounding or best sounding one. Thegirlfreind always starts yelpin at me to stop..so what do I do....purr
Old 03-22-2006, 09:17 AM

Default RE: Every Turkey Call Is A Good Call

ORIGINAL: turkeyhunter_15

No matter what one I use...The worst sounding or best sounding one. Thegirlfreind always starts yelpin at me to stop..so what do I do....purr
Hilarious...we have that same kinda yelp up here in New York, especially around my house.
You know what is really fun though..wait till 1 in the morning, when all is still (we all need to practice locating a bird early in the AM anyway) and let out a loud series of cutts and cackles. It is really good practice to see what you would do if you get a really loud response real close to you during the season.
You also might want to get ready to sleep on the couch too right after this
Old 03-22-2006, 09:25 AM

Dont gimme ideas....I like sleeping on the couch
Old 03-22-2006, 12:43 PM

i even get the shock gobble response when the tv is on a turkey hunt show. i am restircted to blowing the diaphram calls in my truck by myself.

Old 03-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

i even get the shock gobble response when the tv is on a turkey hunt show. i am restircted to blowing the diaphram calls in my truck by myself.
Me to.
If I practice in the house I get run outside.
So I practice outside then the neighbors yell Shut Up

Go figure

Old 03-22-2006, 08:54 PM

Show her the door.
It will increase your hunting time
Old 03-23-2006, 07:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Jackelope

Same here except lastnight while the wife was in another room my son and I were watching a K & H video and she walked in just as the guy took his shot and dropped the gobbler she fell over laughing said it was the funniest thing she had ever seen and then all the sudden the whole family was glued to the video...now she says "I kinda wanna go, this is more hunting than anything else you do"
Old 03-23-2006, 11:41 AM

she's getting more and more interested in tagging along on a deer hunt with me, bit she can't seem to understand the turkey hunting thing. maybe if she could stand it long enough to watch a video or show, then she might change her mind. we are going to tape our hunt this year...

Old 03-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Dominant Buck

My wife hates it when I practice in the house , so I go outside my garage . I live in a small woods so neighbors are no problem , in fact one of them also hunts . [8D]
Old 03-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: turkeyhunter_15

PUTT
The putt is a single note, generally associated as an alarm, could be several notes sharp or rapid fashion, usually means they have seen or heard something, means danger.

Quick Reply: Every Turkey Call Is A Good Call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.