Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Any Arkansas Hunters besides me? >

Any Arkansas Hunters besides me?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Any Arkansas Hunters besides me?

Old 04-06-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Any Arkansas Hunters besides me?

Hey Im from Arkansas and hunt mostly in Pope County. I was wondering if any of you on here are from Arkansas and what yaw have been hearing or seeing. Around here its been a lot different than last year. I was hearing Turkeys gobble at the first of March last year and really havent heard them much this year until the last few weeks. Im pumped about season oppening Saturday and I wish you all luck!
Old 04-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Any Arkansas Hunters besides me?

Hi Arkansas!
NO OFFENSE!!

Old 04-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Fork Horn

hey, yah man, i do most of my hunting in pope county as well, being from russellville. It seems like the birds aren't real active yet, and they haven't split up, but this weather may have them changing their patterns here in a couple of days. Good luck this season!!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:45 PM
Dominant Buck

D-dawg,
I have hunted in Piney Creek, Pope County Arkansas.
I think Pope is in zone #2,is that right?
I'm from Fl.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:18 AM

Hey man.. Im from Pottsville so thats wheere most of my hunting goes on. Although I do venture out to yell county every now and then.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yah, I'm a displaced Arkansan in Texas. But most of my hunting is done in southern Union County close to where I grew up (El Dorado).
Old 04-07-2005, 12:08 PM

Hey,
I'm in Arkansas too and do all my hunting in Bee Branch(Van Buren County) although I live in Faukner Co. This will be my first season to hunt turkey at this place, so I'm not sure how it will go. We did see alot of birds when we were squirrel hunting last fall, so hopefully we'll see em again this time around.

This Saturday is opening day!!!!! However, I won't be going out because I have to go take this big test thing early in the morning.Sucks.[:@][:@]
Old 04-07-2005, 12:17 PM

Good luck to you... to bad you have to miss oppening day to take a test! I dont think season is going to be as good this year as it was last year but I do believe that the afternoon is probablly going to be better than the mornings. Ive allways hunted all day but Ive notice much more activity in the noon this year than I have in the past.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:40 PM
JR1

I'm from up in Washington County and do all my hunting in Madison County. Bout all public land.

So far there has been little and no gobbling. We are just way behing schedule, but I predict there will be a great week or two at the end of season.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:57 PM

im here in arkansas i hunt in pulaski and perry county the birds are just starting to split up here i did get one to come to me last weekend and my son got him but other then that they are not realy saying alot once off the roost

Quick Reply: Any Arkansas Hunters besides me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.