Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Any Arkansas Hunters besides me? >

Any Arkansas Hunters besides me?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Any Arkansas Hunters besides me?

Old 04-08-2005, 11:41 AM

Default RE: Any Arkansas Hunters besides me?

I live and hunt in Faulkner county. Most of the birds around here are really pressured making them tough to hunt. The birds are still bunched-up in general even though I did see 6 long beards by themself two weeks ago about 1 hr after daylight. That's where I'll be in the morning, but that place is covered with hens. My cousin did manage to get a jake last wknd there on the youth hunt, but the toms showed very little interest in us, just sat in the trees until the real hens came to them.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Ever hunted this area?
Piney Creek, Pope County,AK.

Old 04-09-2005, 04:17 PM

Hey, I'm in northeast Arkansas. Randolph County. Went out this morning for opening day. We heard a few on the roost right at daybreak but nothing else all morning. Didn't get one but gonna try again tomorrow. Otherwise it was a beautiful morning and great to be out in the woods.
Anyone else have any luck?
Old 04-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude...get out of my county.

Lol, just kiddin.

Do any good today?

Might know ya. I'm in Rsvl.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Ever hunted this area?
Piney Creek, Pope County,AK.

Yeah, that's the overlook over by Treat, aka the Dover Lights overlook.

Been there done that. Last turkey season... from the same place.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

me and froman,
too many good AND bad experiences at that place. LOL...[:'(]
Old 04-12-2005, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

They have been gobbling pretty good around here for a couple of weeks. I hunt in NE Arkansas and I killed one Saurday morning and called up one for another guy on Sunday morning. Good luck to you guys!
Old 04-12-2005, 08:49 AM

Hi yall!!! Living in Polk Co. in the Ouchita Mts up near Shady I'm able to get out and hunt them there Toms everyday. They have just started answering my calls off the back porch the last 2 weeks or so. It seems that they're only vocal early in the morning and then very rarely the rest of the day. I take the ATV on the back road to Dallas and every once in a while I get one to answer in the afternoon---but rarely so far. I was seeing quite a few in my food plots before the season started but not a single one since it started.....(: So I think they're just starting to break up and starting to get vocal. There hasn't hardly been any hunters this year so far go by the house so not much pressure yet. I've seen some huge birds in the area so I'm out to bust a couple of big Toms----one with the 12 ga and one with the Parker. Good luck to yall this season and keep the rest of us posted on how you're doing!!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 09:31 AM

Went out Saturday to hunt in Van Buren Co. and was able to locate and roost 3 nice gobblers. They all had some really nice beards!! They aren't vocal at all, except the boss tom will answer in the early morning to an owl hoot.
With any luck I'll be able to go take one soon. I have to wait for just the right time and place, because I'm hunting with my bow, without a blind or screen or anything.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:50 AM

The first time I went to the Dover Lights I of course thougth that they were in Dover... man was I wrong. I felt like we were closer to Branson than Dover! The hunting has been pretty good even though I havent got one yet. Me and a buddy had an ol gobbler goin this morning and he had some hens in the tree with him and one hen flew across a creek and the other one flew and allmost landed in my buddies lap.. Im talking he could have reached his gun out and touched this hen.. it was wild. The big boy shut up after about an hour or two of gobbling and we havent heard him since then. Ive been to the good places but I just havent had much luck but it has been exciting. Good luck to all of yaw Arkansas Hunters!

Quick Reply: Any Arkansas Hunters besides me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.