Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Finders keepers

Old 04-04-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Finders keepers

Way down here in the extreme southern tip of Florida, hunting on the WMA's is about as tough as it gets in my book. Not that many places for a hunter to go so you make do with what you have. There's this spot I've always wanted to go but held back due to the fact that the Swamp Buggy Hunters/Campers have the place locked up for the first 3 weeks of the season.

This past weekend I noticed that their trucks weren't at the gate which meant this place was now free to explore.

Got there and found that they did alright. Way better than me for sure so far. One of these bad boys was the size of and axe blade, should have been over 20lbs. by the size fo the wing bones alone.

I took the wing bones to make calls from. Like I said, " Finders, Keepers".

Now here is the side by side shot. What you see is the wing bones I found and a set of wing bone calls made by Chad from Texas. They are of a Texas Rio and hand made. You can now see the difference in size. My bird from last year, had wing bones smaller than the ones form Texas.

JW, if you read this I too have an offer. I send you the wing bones of a TRUE, southern tip of Florida OSCEOLA. All I ask is, for you to send me back a call or set of calls of a bird from your area. I want to have a collection of all the sub's to have on the wall and to use.

I now have Osceola, and Rio.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:38 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: Finders keepers

Oh I am here....and can send a Eastern and Merriam Call in return.....

How about that?

Now I will build the calls and send mine first.....If you likey....we trade...

I'll PM ya when I hae them done and it will be soon....

JW
Old 04-05-2005, 03:53 PM

Sounds good to me big man. Now these bad boys I hunt are from the way down south tip. It you were to draw a line East to West between Ft. Lauderdale and Napels, ie, Aligator Alley. I mostly hunt south of that.

Let me know which set you want. And if you want me to pre boil / seperate / and soak in peroxide.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:26 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I am wiling to make calls for you.

In fact I have a Eastern and Merriam ready to go just need art work.......can do a Rio also for you.....and then any Osceola bones of your choosing....just mark them.

That way you end up with a JW Made Grand Slam Wingobne set...

Never know when I die I might become famous! hehe

As far as bones - that is you call...you choose....I cna make any of them sing!

Don't need to do any further work on them at all......

I'll take them as is.

JW
Old 04-07-2005, 02:38 PM

JW, got the (pm). Sorry I haven't figured that thing out as of yet.

I'm sending the bones, (all of them), to you. I've got (2) other sets that I'll try my hand on again this year. I too give them away as gifts.

Thanks alot, the bones go UPS by this week end.