Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 How is the Gobbling in your area? >

How is the Gobbling in your area?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

How is the Gobbling in your area?

Old 03-30-2005, 08:57 AM

Default RE: How is the Gobbling in your area?

Some gobbling goin on, groups have started breaking up, and a little strutting goin on. The weather just changed from really cold to warm, but windy. They should start strut in another week.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:16 AM

They are gobbling here in AL, but where I hunt in southwest AL it has not been good at all, for me anyway. Got plenty of turkey sign where im at and have seen several birds but they havent got started yet. Season started march 15th, I've hunted almost every day and have heard a TOTAL of maybe 20 gobbles.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

i was told by the farmer where i hunt in kentucky they are gobbling pretty good, and flocked up but no strutting yet
Old 03-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

went out monday and heard 7 gobblers on lease. heard 1 down the road from where i had stopped, so eased truck down 1/2 mile to next turn-off road. opened door and hooted-gobblers-2-nearly blew my hat off. they were still roosted, about 50 yards off the road. would have been a great set-up when season opens on the 9th. looked to left and 100 yards away was skidders and cutting machine. the trees the turkeys were in will be gone before the weekend[:@] they will be cutting 350 acres right in the middle of the turkey woods on the lease!! well, maybe i can hunt deeper into the woods, if any are left. will be total of 550 acres cut this year-after 300 cut last year![:@] going friday to look at 255 acres for sale about 20 miles awayhope to solve this problem
Old 03-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Haven't heard a single one this year. I'm on heavily-pressured public land, so that's nothing new. However, all signs point to another disappointing spring season in Virginia.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gobblin is my area is slim to none. I've talked to people who will hear one or two gobbles, right at daylight, and that's it.

I might add...that those gobbles are heard...IF they are heard.

Birds aren't talkin for crap down here.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

saw 1 strutting on my way to the lax game and 3 11/2 toms one WHIte one
Old 03-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Today we actually saw what looked like the sun come out. The temps reached near 65. That's a real big deal considering we haven't been out of the 30's all month until just today.

Went patterning tonight after work and heard a lone gobbler sound off right at dusk. He was a good 200 yards, but it sure was great to hear him talkin'. The weather is supposed to turn for the worse this weekend... freezing and rain with snow... AGAIN... but we still have another month before the season opens.

I pray it warms up so I won't need my pac boots when hunting this "Spring" is finally on.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heard reports from multiple people across the state, and they've been gobbling good for almost 1 month now.

Started gobbling in Central NY about 2 weeks ago.

Birds are still flocked up in the winter groups, though, so Spring season should be very good hunting this year in CT & NY, and I would guess everywhere in New England.