Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Heading out to Green Swamp tonight >

Heading out to Green Swamp tonight

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Heading out to Green Swamp tonight

Old 03-17-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Heading out to Green Swamp tonight

What a difference a year makes. Last year we just went there for a one day trip to check it out. Got lucky and heard birds, which is something that I wasn't used to from this far south.

I've been looking on the "terra server", (another thing that I didn't know about last year), and looked at all the places I thought looked good to me at the time. Sitting here now looking at the screen, man was I way off. Don't get me wrong, I still believe that the best way to scout an area is to physically walk the area. It's just that in this case I don't have the time due to work to do so. Plan on walking / turkey biking the areas that I found that really look good to me from the airial photo's.

Plan on camping out at the gate tonight and hitting it as hard as I can tomorrow. Good luck to you all this year and be safe.

Florida's central zone opens up on Sat. and when I get back I hope to see lots of the sunshine states monarchs and read the stories.

This weekend is for team 10, the Feather Dusters.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:52 PM

Default RE: Heading out to Green Swamp tonight

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Sum bit$%, just got the call. Can't go today, have to work tomorrow. Result = no pre hunt scouting.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Two years in a row. Sometimes self employment sucks.[:@][:@][:@]
Old 03-17-2005, 08:12 PM

Kylen sorry to hear about your bad brake with work. But I faith in you. It might not be easy but you'll get the job done down in the swap this weekend. You'll be the 1st to down a bird for team 10. GO FEATHER DUSTERS.

Good Luck and be safe.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

have fun.........get pics
Old 03-17-2005, 11:14 PM
Spike

good luck. I too hope ur the first to bag a bird for us FEATHER DUSTERS. Im going scout this weekend or early next week.. My colorado seaso starts the 9 of april. GO TEAM 10
Old 03-20-2005, 01:48 PM

Green Swamp update for all you Northern hunters. It's a Good News Bad News deal.

First the bad. I got robbed and then skunked for the opener up there. Here's what happened. Did the terra server thing and found some great looking spots on paper. Had to work on Friday so no pre hunt scouting, just had to go with what I saw on paper. Lucked out to say the least. Had toms talking all around me. I was golden. Then with in 10 minutes the shots rang out, but not from my gun. Then nothing but silence.

Check the board at the stataion and talked with the man at the gate. Here's the information:
2 turkeys taken earily, one 14.5 lbs. and one 21 lbs. Happy for the hunters but sad for me.

Anyway here's the good news. Toms, toms, toms everywhere, and all are talking. The hens are all over them. You'll have to get to them fast and first.

Good luck everybody else who's going, I'm trying to get back up there this week again, Heard way toooooooooooooo many toms not to try it again before I go on to Greeen Swamp West....
Old 03-20-2005, 04:49 PM
Dominant Buck

You got me excited. I know where a bunch of turkeys areat the Green Swamp..I had them near me each time I hunted for deer. I didn't have a special quota for Sat and Sun. but I'm taking Wed and Thurs. off from school. This will be my ist year Turkey hunting. I'll keep ya posted.
Chuck