HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heading out to Green Swamp tonight
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 01:48 PM
DHF:KYLEN

Default RE: Heading out to Green Swamp tonight

Green Swamp update for all you Northern hunters. It's a Good News Bad News deal.

First the bad. I got robbed and then skunked for the opener up there. Here's what happened. Did the terra server thing and found some great looking spots on paper. Had to work on Friday so no pre hunt scouting, just had to go with what I saw on paper. Lucked out to say the least. Had toms talking all around me. I was golden. Then with in 10 minutes the shots rang out, but not from my gun. Then nothing but silence.

Check the board at the stataion and talked with the man at the gate. Here's the information:
2 turkeys taken earily, one 14.5 lbs. and one 21 lbs. Happy for the hunters but sad for me.

Anyway here's the good news. Toms, toms, toms everywhere, and all are talking. The hens are all over them. You'll have to get to them fast and first.

Good luck everybody else who's going, I'm trying to get back up there this week again, Heard way toooooooooooooo many toms not to try it again before I go on to Greeen Swamp West....