Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team 2-Backwood Strutters-hows it goin? >

Team 2-Backwood Strutters-hows it goin?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 2-Backwood Strutters-hows it goin?

Old 03-11-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Team 2-Backwood Strutters-hows it goin?

Hey guys,
Ya'll have been really quiet, and I was wondering how the scouting and hunting is coming along???
Found any good spots and/or setups yet? What is your bag limit?

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2005, 10:28 PM

Default RE: Team 2-Backwood Strutters-hows it goin?

only 4 more days to go.we have a youth day tommorrow for the little ones.my boys are ready.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Fork Horn

My season doesn't start until April 15th so I'm working on preparation. Got a new cherry wood box call from ebay for a mere 15 bucks and some Tru-glo sights for my 835. I'm going to the range on 3/13 to pattern both my 870 SuperMag and 835. Then it's off to the central part of the state (Washington) to scout birds on 3/19 and then Eastern Washington on 3/26. Can you say high gas bill? Then after work on Friday, April 15th I'll log in a 7 hour drive to hunting grounds and hunt Sat, Sun, and Monday. If I don't bag one there, then I'll be in Central Washington on weekends. We're allowed two birds in Eastern Washington (Merriams) and one Rio or one Eastern. I potentially have two private properties to hunt and a good friend who says he can put me into some birds. So I'm pretty optimistic. When I go over to scout, I'm not shy when it comes to knocking on doors and I know where to go to find 'em.

Let's go thump some heads and win this thing! It has been too quiet! Good to check in once in a while.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Spike

Hey all season starts April 9 here in CO and im drivin my wife nuts with all the prep and practice!!!! Scored a new Decoy and some other new toys today so im stylin Lets hear it from the rest of the team!!!