Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 New Federal Turkey Loads >

New Federal Turkey Loads

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New Federal Turkey Loads

Old 02-24-2005, 12:27 PM

Default New Federal Turkey Loads

A friend of my just came back from NWTF national convention in Nashville, and all he was hearing about was these new federal shells and how they were to revolutionize the industry. Anybody know about these new shells and what they are all about.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New Federal Turkey Loads

Probably the new Federal Hevi-shot variant... much like the Remington Hevi-shot that's been sweeping the turkey hunting community. I've seen that Winchester is also offering their own Hevi-shot loads as well. Hey, but I could be wrong... maybe the Fed's are gonna be Kryptonite?[8D]
Old 02-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jolly.............

Actually the Federal loads feature a shot matrix that is 37% denser than lead and rounder and more ballistically efficient than hevishot, which tends to be odd shaped...It also uses a new wad which is supposed to make the load even more effective ...You can get lead shot loads with this same load also...

All the major manufacturers seem to be on the "super load" bandwagon... I'm wondering where it all is leading....Do we really need or WANT shotshells that will allow us to kill turkey at extreme ranges..?? I kind of like the idea of getting them within 40-45 yards myself and making a clean kill..We've had loads that are capable of doing that for years..

Oh well, I don't mean to criticize the other guy's sport, as long he makes a clean and responsible kill... Nobody's forcing me to use the new shells or to take shots at any range longer than I prefer... Call me old fashioned..I'll just keep calling 'em in close and killing 'em with shells that cost half the money of the new "super loads"...
Old 02-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Dominant Buck

They have come out with some sort of wad thst stays with the shot longer and keeps the pattern tight.

http://www.federalcartridge.com/default.asp?pg=18

ROUND I - TIGHEST PATTERNS

Mag•Shok™ FLITECONTROL™
Lead Turkey Loads

Revolutionary FLITECONTROL™ Wad stays with shot longer producing up to 30% tighter patterns than traditional wads

Copper-plated buffered shot for dense, tight and uniform patterns

View Loads: PFC139 : PFC157 : PFC135 : PFC159

ROUND II - REVOLUTIONARY SHOT

Mag•Shok™ HEAVYWEIGHT™ Turkey Loads

HEAVYWEIGHT - the densest shot available today - 35% denser than lead for the ultimate downrange energy and penetration

Round, uniform shot with granulated buffer for great patterns

Features the revolutionary FLITECONTROL™ Wad for up to 30% tighter patterns

View Loads: PHT191 : PHT193
Old 02-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

I still say that it's a super secret project, funded by the government, to use Kryptonite as a payload. They want to test it on turkeys before they make it available to undercover operatives in the field. Class A certified, strictly hush hush for those on a need to know basis. Why else would it be marketed by the "Federal" label?

LOL... [8D]