Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2005, 07:30 PM

Default HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Hello, im from missouri and they have opened the season for the evenings now where it has usually just been from sunrise till 1 in the afternoon, and i was just wandering if there is nething different from the morning hunts and night hunts. i plan on still settin up close to where they roost with a few decoys in front of me like always, but i was wondering if the calling was the same or if anyone knew of any other tricks to evening hunting they knew of. Any info is appreciated.

THANKS!!!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:43 PM

Default RE: HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

They opened the full day here in Michigan a couple years ago. I honestly don't care for it. The birds never get a rest from sombody callin at em. They tend to get mighty closed mouth when they're called too much. Be conservative and go deaper into the woods than anyone else dose. You shouldn't run into anyone exept the other 50,000 people readin this.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:45 PM

My dad is a private landowner and we own about 10,000 acres so not many people will hunt but me and some relatives so will they tend to be as quiet?
Old 01-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Where did you hear that from? I have'nt heard or seen anything about them allowing full day hunting here in Mo. yet?
Old 01-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mo. Dept. of Conservation has the spring season dates and times posted on their website now, It still closes at 1:00 p.m., They may have changed the fall season but the spring season is the same, We can check our turkeys this year over the phone or online, that will be a plus, It will be nice not having to drive 15 miles to check one.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: strut

I have'nt heard or seen anything about them allowing full day hunting here in Mo. yet?
Me either!
Old 01-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in southern iowa, so far south that the land I hunt is bordered by Missouri. I love evening hunts!! It seems to me that the hens like to go out into the fields where they can get food, just before roosting and most of the time the toms will follow.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:26 AM

1pm close..which doesn't bother me. I do like the all day fall hunt, which doubles as deer scouting for me.