Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 got my turkey last day of the season >

got my turkey last day of the season

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

got my turkey last day of the season

Old 12-01-2004, 04:38 AM

Default got my turkey last day of the season

i haven't been on the board for a while so i wanted to share my little story about my fall turkey harvest. friday (the day before the last day of turkey) i was wondering around some woods that i've never hunted before. it was just getting dark and i heard the birds fly up to roost less than 100 yards away. so i tried to imprint a picture into my head as to where they were. i left the woods and came back super early in the morning. well to make a long story short, since i was new to these particular woods, i accidentally sat right under the tree where they were roosting. i let out some tree yelps, nothing. let out some fly down cackles, nothing. so i thought to myself, i couldn't even be close to where they were at last night. i got up taking about five steps and they scare the bejeesus at of me when they flew out of the roost. well i was mad at myself, real mad. so i walked a few hundred yards (stopping and sitting along the way) and decided to climb up this short cliff so i can be on the shelf looking down over the valley, it was nine am by this time. while pulling myself up the cliffside by hanging onto the base of trees, a turkey flew out of the roost, this time it flew in the direction that i could get a shot. i let out one shot and she fell to the ground and was dead right now, no flopping no nothing. that was my hunt. thanks for listening.

i just couln't believe they were still in the roost at 9 am.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: got my turkey last day of the season

i just couln't believe they were still in the roost at 9 am.
Congratulations.

Maybe they were up all night partying LoL

Danceing in the moon light haveing all kinds of turkey fun while drinking Wild Turkey ( Kidding )

I don't promote drinking just kidding about the Wild Turkey LoL
Old 12-01-2004, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shot contractor....shootin them out of the air can be a pretty tough feet!!!!Sometimes in the colder months the birds will stay in the tree a bit longer and occasionally after a rain too,preening themselves before they flydown!
Old 12-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS