Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Thought it was a chicken >

Thought it was a chicken

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Thought it was a chicken

Old 10-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thought it was a chicken

Well our Fall season opened today.I scattered a flock a little before 8:00am and within a few minutes had birds commin to my calls.I was setup in a tangle of grapevines when a grey head popped into a small openin about 15 yds away,so I let her have it.When I got to her I noticed she sure wasn't the biggest bird I'd ever shot but she should be good eatin.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thought it was a chicken

Nice work Jalvja , it seems u always kill a bird here in PA , as for me i was hung 20 ft up waiting for deer , but the wind , rain , and heat had them bedded tight!

Congrats on a fine bird , im still lookin for my buck until i can chase my first turkey down!
Old 10-30-2004, 11:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats......i went out turkey hunting till 9 or so......every time i hunted this land all fall there were always 4-6 longbeards right in the same spot.....roosted there.....fly down there.....and hang out there at all times of the day it seemd.....figured id crawl in there 30 mins before the first sign of light and have them fly down to my lap and pick one out.....snunk in PERFECT.......no birds flew off or anything......but i guess thats because they werent there.....i think the storms the night before made them roost somewhere else....i checked all the fields and everything before leaving but couldnt find them......and i walked in through all the woods to get to them...they roost right behind a house and a road......but i come in from my buddys farm on the other side....nice to be out......but no luck for me.......its early......congrats.....nice bird........
Old 10-31-2004, 12:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice
Old 10-31-2004, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice chicken Jimbo!!!!Great table fare for sure,and she wont be draggin that ole gobbler away from ya this coming spring!Good job bud!!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats!
Old 11-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

i know i have seen them turkey legs on lil chickens before, lol.....but like you said, it's going to eat well.....congrats on your harvest, enjoy it....thanks for sharin pics too