Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hunter Orange

Old 03-06-2002, 03:27 AM

Default RE: Hunter Orange

It is not a bad law a 100 sq.in. is just a hat and you only have to waer it while moving, and it did bring down the accidents. The thing I don't agree with the use of blinds! Go figure.

Old 03-06-2002, 05:44 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-06-2002, 07:38 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-06-2002, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only wear the orange AFTER I've killed a gobbler and am walking out with him in tow. Don't want any excuses for shooting at me. I take 2 orange vests with me. He wears the 2nd one!
Old 03-07-2002, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

Huntnma and I were out a couple years ago when this guy stalked our decoy and almost shot it.He went to raise up on it and we both freaked.We had been whistlin' but he either didn't hear it or ignored it.Thankfully we had our orange in the vests.After that I don't go onto public land without it.It may be a pain and not required but it can save a life or two.Definitely worth bringing.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any problem with wearing Orange while moving. I have called in several birds with an Orange band around the tree I am at or with an orange hat within site. I really don't think it bothers them. I would rather be safe than have to be carried out of the woods.

Proturkeycaller said it perfectly about he slobs in Pa.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Better to hunt safe than be shot.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:41 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-15-2002, 09:15 AM
Spike

I carry an orange vest and cap in my bag for both turkey and bow deer season and wear it when I move. I'm most concerned after I bag a gobbler that had been gobbling a good bit, tends to draw hunters. I put the orange on before I retrieve the bird. I also have a hunter orange ruck sack that totally conceals the tom that I use to take the bird out of the woods. I hunt public land 99% of the time but if invited to hunt on private land I still use my orange. I usually have a couple of hunts spoiled by hunters stalking my calling each season. I always give them a holler and then hold a saftey course with them and explain how much danger they had put themselves in along with me.
Old 03-15-2002, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have my own property to hunt on so i don't wear the orange.On public land I think it's a good idea.I saw a sign at a state park that is open to hunting and the public that said:"Hunters have to wear orange-you should too."

Quick Reply: Hunter Orange

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.