Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Whats going on in Here!

Old 08-20-2004, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whats going on in Here!

just wondered where everyone was

Busy, busy everyone is , I'm sure. I was thinking of Huntnma's family with the hurrican that hit the other day,, Hope everyones ok.

I know what Jimbo is up too, (The dirty dog) got me last week. Well seems Jim, Scrapper and my wife decided to have a surprise birthday get togeather. So these 2 guys made a surprised trip to Ontario.. Well that day is normal for me,untill these 2 guys and their wives jump out of the darn woods at me, while I'm just doing my everyday things. Scared the living Bjesus out of me! It was nice to see my 2 pals again and what a surprise. They also brought me a Cement strutting Tom for the yard, and wow it is nice...

The turkeys seem to be holding there own this summer, but I've sure seen alot of small poults. I guess with the wet spring and summer most hens lost their first nest. Hope all is well with everyone, and Good luck on the up coming Fall hunts....BT
Old 08-20-2004, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats going on in Here!

thanks A.J.
Everyone is focusing on deer hunting i reckon! I hope the turkey population is getting better, coyotes got a couple nests where i live in ohio.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Well HAPPY BELATED B_DAY Adrian. And you are correct I know I have been extremely busy at work this year for some reason (which really isn't a good thing). plus I have been learning how to bugle and cow talk for an up coming Bow Elk hunt in Idaho in Sept. If I see half the animals I saw out there while I was turkey hutning it should be a great trip. I hope all is well with Huntnma too.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:02 PM

Happy bithday big man. You're right the central west coats of Florida got pounded by the "cain". At last count 495 thousand plus still without power. Our local power utility, "FP&L" is working 24hr shifts 7 days a week. It's going to be a while for it all to get back together.

Price gouging is out of hand, so far the topper is a tree service company wanting $10,000.00 to remove only one tree leaning on a house. Ouch, that hurts.

I too hope Huntnma is okay also. Been working 7 days a week since May/June to fund all the upcoming hunting.

Deer, Hog, Quail, Dove, Duck, and my favorite: TURKEY.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was worried about Ma too.I sent her an e-mail and she's doin ok.the storm missed her.Adrian,you should know by now when Mike and I put our heads together we can always pull one over on ya.I'll never forget the look on the customs agents face when we crossed the border when we told him we had a cement turkey in the trunk
Old 08-20-2004, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

howdy.....i'm fine , thanks for thinking of me and mine.....Happy belated birthdaysounds lilke it was a blast and the turkey sounds too cool.....i got a new call,actually 2, mouth calls, lmao.......i dont want to go anywhere near the woods for say about 20 yrs. with the way i make sounds out of that thing,it'll be that long, lol...[&:]
i made made out in the storm with just the outter bands blowin' by.....where i work had a mess of trees down and no electric for a few days....i have been blessed with helping with the clean up and road repair at toso. and i've been traveling down to lake kissimmee to assist in thier clean up efforts(13 hour days[:'(]), just chain sawin' and tree removal, you should see the fire they are going to have and that pile is only one, lol......it's bigger than my house...and there's more to be done..every muscle in my body beyond hurts , but at least i have a shower to come home too at night, with electricity.....etc....fl.huntress made out good too.....i have never seen so much destruction in my life[:@][:'(] and i've been through hurricanes before....it's sad , but then i see everyone pullin together to help eachother and others, it really does my heart good.......drivin there is a 2 hour drive and i'll see 5-10 ultility trucks in a row driving down the road, it's too cool....so many have sacrificed to help.....
Old 08-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Glad you are doing well Ma. I dodged it in NC.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nother belated H-Birthday BT!!!Glad things were ok MA!!!!Adrian your right on the money as far as being busy around my household!!We went right from littleleague allstars to now football!I have 2 playing as well as myself coaching our 11-13 year old group!We go to only 3 day practices this next week with school starting so that will give me some more free time!Getting ready for the upcoming deer/hog season with hopes of this hell like weather cooling down hopefully by the end of Sept!!![:@]Our young turks are dang near as big as the adults with an early hatch this year with #'s looking farely strong!Fall season starts in Nov so the site of young birds excites us all around these parts!I just found out I have opening day of dove season off too so I'm all pumped up with doves everywhere!!Dusted off the old 870 last week!!!Anyway take care bud,I'll be checkin more often!!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Happy Belated Birthday Adrian!! Geeezzeeeee, I plumb forgot about it!!
Hope that you had a great day!!
Old 08-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Well Adrian it appears this post made some craw out from the woodwork. Sure hope everyone's summer is going well for them.

Quick Reply: Whats going on in Here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.