Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Benelli Nova

Old 02-23-2002, 11:00 AM

Default Benelli Nova

Thinking about buying a benelli nova, anybody have one?Like it,dislike it?
Old 02-23-2002, 09:10 PM

Default RE: Benelli Nova

I've shot the Nova and it's a good pump shotgun. I like the idea of the magazine cut-off. The one thing I didn't like about the Nova is that it tends to rattle when being carried in the woods. (Pick one up and shake it and you'll see what I mean. This may be of no concern to you.) I went with the Remington Super Mag., but the Nova is an excellent gun. Good Hunting!, - - Pointshoot

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Thinking about buying a benelli nova, anybody have one?Like it,dislike it?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 02-25-2002, 11:30 PM

I bought one, tried it out and chose to take it back and get the SBE. I just wanted a better gun than I had. ( moss. 500 )
Old 02-26-2002, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

The rattling problem seems to be the only downfall to this gun. I've pondered the Nova/870SPS-T question for more than a year now.

One of the dealers I talked to about the rattling said that Benelli figures that you're getting a Benelli for ~$400 so be happy with what you get.

Surely someone's found a way to quieten it down some though. Anyone?

Romans 8:28
Old 02-26-2002, 10:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-27-2002, 05:13 PM

Nova is a great gun. My brother in law has one. I have shot it numerous times. Great shooting gun. I shoot a super black eagle. I think it shoots just as good. I just prefer to have an autoloader. You can't go wrong with any benelli product.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:52 AM

Hey guys, I also have a Nova. Mine rattled to. It was the forestock. All I did was tighten the 2 set screws on either side of the forestock and that took care of the problem. If you get them to tight it relly make the action hard so be careful and dont over tighten. I have shot several boxes of shells through this gun and it is as quiet and smooth as any other pump I've seen. Good luck to all.
Old 03-02-2002, 03:08 PM

I have a nova to and that rattleing really isnt a problem like dwilk said its easy to take care of and I have never really noticed it while im sneaking around the woods i dont notice it unless im pheasant hunting.
Old 03-03-2002, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

i was looking at the benelli nova last night at the turkey dinner and it was totally plastic and didnt weigh a thing. i dont know about it coming in a wood version, but i wouldnt buy it b/c of its light weight, the kick from the 3 1/2 would be amazing.
Old 03-03-2002, 10:24 AM

kobear the nova is very light but probably has the lightest kick of any 3 1/2 ive shot. same goes for my brother and dad they both think its the lightest kicking 3.5&quot; they've shot. im only a little guy 140 pounds and i can handle the kick easily and when im shooting at a bird i never notice the kick anyway.