Firearm Review Forum Rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, pistols, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new firearms here.

Benelli Nova

Old 10-29-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Benelli Nova

I am looking at getting a Benelli Nova what are your thoughts on this shotgun? I do a wide range of shotgun hunting, turkey, duck, deer, squirrel.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Benelli Nova

Ya know, its a real good shotgun but the forearm is a bit rattly. I have seen and held a couple of them and that is the only downside. A pal of mine has one and he is a true believer! He says the forearm doesnt bother him. Plenty of other good pumps in that price range though. I have a benelli M2 and I love it! EJ
Old 10-29-2005, 03:15 PM

I just got a Benelli Nova and like previously mentioned.....the only downside is that the forearm rattles. But I love it! I intend on using it for a gobbler in the spring. I love the fiber optic sights on it.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:35 AM

Great gun, I have one in 20 gauge and my forearm doesn't rattle. There are screws you can tighten if yours does. With just the full choke it's good for turkey, I've sat clays on the ground at 80 yards and broken them. I like it better than the Rem 870.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

I love my Nova, I tightened down the allen screws and took 90% of the rattle out of it. I just upgradded to an SBE II with Comfortech and that is an awesome gun.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:54 AM

I have had mine for 3 or 4 years. I really like it. Just shoot a rooster with it this weekend.You will find the nova is about like a glock, people either love 'em or hate 'em. Now speaking of the golck I hate 'em...LOL
Old 11-01-2005, 06:19 AM

Nice guns, but a bit pricy for what they are, they are butt ugly and parts are expensive like getting a rifled barrel or something.

I would honestly suggest a wingmaster instead if you could afford it.

Paul
Old 11-01-2005, 08:47 AM

I shot a nove this week 4 times at clays. I hit them all, but I would still never by one. It doesn't feel like a remington does in my hands.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

I like mine.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

No misteaking, theyre a good shotgun. They are just different. We have been so conditioned to wingmasters and expresses that anything else feels foriegn. Id have one for a second shotgun. EJ

Quick Reply: Benelli Nova

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.