Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Well its over !  back to a normal life..... >

Well its over ! back to a normal life.....

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Well its over ! back to a normal life.....

Old 05-31-2004, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Well its over ! back to a normal life.....

Today was the last day of the Ontario season aswell. This morning you could see the peer presure the birds have endured. The first setup was in a field and just after light the hens and gobblers came down. As they walked into the field they sure seemed to advoid the decoys as they walked around them just out of range. It was a should we or shouldn't we mined game, but leaned in the direction of NO let them walk and add to the population for next year...

The second place we got to again 4 Gobblers that stayed out away from any calling, and didn't seem to have alot of intrest in the game we wanted to play. We tried a move and get in front of them, but seems they caught us somewhere on the move because they just disappeared...

Had two hours left and headed back to a place that I like to say is my favorite spot and the rain and wind was howling, we put up the blind and placed out the Coys and sat back to put in the last 2 hours of the season. As I called on the QuakerBoy Mini Boat paddle, we recieved an anwser after 20 minutes, and not long after that a Long Gobbler entered the field out at 200 yards. He strutted and walked but sure seemed learly to come to the decoys. He worked in a half circle around the setup and got as close as about 100 yards , but just would not commit. I believe the decoys moving all over unreal looking and the darn Blind was blowing all over and he just did not want to get to close. At noon we had to spook him and call it a season. We seen a good number of Gobblers in fields on the way back to the Ranch in places I don't hunt , so I think the breading stock should be ok in the area. Well its over and back to a Normal life, the season was just not the same this year, as birds habbits as I normaly know them have changed, The weather over the past 36 days has been down right nasty.

Over all :
I had a 14 Kills
5 Misses
12 birds passed up
and a 5 Busted the setups.
Not counting the spooking problems this year as other hunters and Coyotes jumped into the game at the wrong time aswell.

Well back to the Carpenter Trade , and I hope all had a great season and learned something for this passed season, I'm sure it will come in handy in years to come...BT
Old 05-31-2004, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well its over ! back to a normal life.....

Congrats on another great season my friend.You better get back to work so you can get some rest
Old 06-01-2004, 04:53 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-01-2004, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

BB, The last few days , I spent a little time testing out some different ideas on decoys, it seems that it really didn't work again. I'm not a big decoy fan and only seem to use the odd setup at the start of the season, but this year I seen a problem at the start aswell. Believe me I'm part of the group, but I think its because of the way I hunt aswell. Every year I seem to test out thoughts just looking for that added gain, and no better time then while you can have a gun in your hand ...BT
Old 06-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

Good season Adrian! I managed to get out for a mere 2 hours last day and didn't get any action[:@]. I went from hunting 23 days last year to only 4 shortened days this year so man I just didn't get enough. I envy you. Final Count: Passed on 1 jake, shot one longbeard. I guess that ain't so bad

Counting the days until next year. Hopefully fishing, and fall hunting will give me the fix I need.

Cheers!
Old 06-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

OE you did something a lot of hunters didn't do this spring. You should be pleased
Old 06-02-2004, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

No arguments here Longbeard. I feel very blessed indeed.