Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Pa Slobs -Slobs - and more Slobs >

Pa Slobs -Slobs - and more Slobs

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Pa Slobs -Slobs - and more Slobs

Old 05-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pa Slobs -Slobs - and more Slobs

BT Here! Man , this State is full of Slob Hunters....I can't believe it [:@] I would sooner hunt Public Management Area here then private. Another Battle this morning again.

Jim and I started off with a very queit morning, not even Gobbling in the roost. The only sound was calls being made from others in the woods . We waited out untill the birds were down and started to walk. I have it figured out how to work these birds and it sure is not any Yelping at all.

I made a call and before long got an anwser. Well to start ya can't work them hard , or they will quit. We setup again and I played the lucky tone, well before long , out as far as you can hear , I was the only one that had birds answering.

Problem was We are about 200 yards from a road. The birds started to get worked up and was coming in good. 2 Gobblers Double gobbling , and closing the gap.

Well not long and we can hear trucks running down the road and hit the brakes , out jumps guys and start calling like mad. Then the birds slow , the guys jump in the truck and way they go, well I start to Cut and the birds turn on again, I work them right in untill there about 40 yards just over a nowel , we waiting out for the birds to just appear , and hear comes another Truck (Diesl) slams on the brakes , jumps out and slams the door and starts calling like mad. The birds queit again, there their , just we just can not see them.

The truck starts up again and away it goes. This time this guy leaves his buddy and he trys for a sneek and call towards the birds last Gobbles, WELL , thats the end of the hunt, we never did get a shot.

Needless to say , I'm disappointed for Jim , because these PA turkey hunters can not seem to work there own birds , they soon drive around and jump in on other hunters with action.

2 days in a row with same out come, Think I may try public grounds tomorrow...BT
Old 05-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa Slobs -Slobs - and more Slobs

[:@][:@][:@]The worst part of turkey hunting BT...Hang in bud!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes.....happened to me many times.....many first turkey chances got ruined....me and dad had one 50yards away...when he rounded the bend he would be looking at my mossberg getting sprayed with a load of 4's......he was going nuts...then he shut up and putted as he ran away......then i saw why....some idiot RUNNING with a gun full camo no orange right to where the bird was.....ull have that i guess.......thats why every year me and dad find ourselves hiking in farther and farther......part of hunting in pa....
Old 05-04-2004, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I found out last season that the posted signs on the property I hunt evidently only apply in deer season....and barely during then. Come spring its a free for all[:'(]
I'm only within the past couple years getting into this turkey thing and I'm just pounded by horror stories, both my own experiences and from other decent people dealing with idiots during this season.
Old 05-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

been there , had that happen....

Last season i setup on a gobbler that i had put to roost , i had a friend with me sitting about 50 yards away , the bird flew down and began heading right to us... well needless to say he gets to about 30 yards , jsut behind soem brush , but on the trail that would lead him to the wide open , and all of a sudden i hear another call , and it didnt even sound like a turkey , and next thing u know i hear WHOOF WHOOF WHOOF of his wings beating as he rises from the brush and flies to the other side of the farm jsut as an orange hat pops over the hill , i was ready to break someones neck , but the best part was this idiot was on private property , but as i was flipping out tryin to get my stuff together to go chase the guy , he got the pic of what just happened and took of as fast as the turkey did in the opposite direction....[:@]
Old 05-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,Adrian got pretty upset this mornin.Don't think he could figure out why I didn't.Like I told him this is pretty common to have happen here in Pa. In a few days the jerks will be outta the woods and we'll be able to hunt P.S. I found out who was in the truck and gave one of them a phone call.I don't think THEY'LL be botherin us tomorrow
Old 05-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jalvja.... you are lucky u get to go out soo much , i wish i could , im still looking for that first bird , but they r jsut fooling me , i wish i could get ahold of the people that are running the birds all around the places i hunt , but its tough , im jsut really hping to bag an ole tom!
Old 05-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to PA......NOT! As an outfitter I know exactly where you are coming from........LAZY *** PA slobs, it's that way in every season, I love this state....I hate the majority of PA hunters....but don't put us all into one catagory.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:13 PM

Yes, there are many obstacles to overcome in the turkey woods each spring. Other hunters, predators, farmers in the fields, mushroom hunters, bad weather, just to name a few. It makes it all the more satisfying when all things do come together and you go packing a longbeard out of the woods over your shoulder! Hang in there, perserverance will pay off!

Quick Reply: Pa Slobs -Slobs - and more Slobs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.