Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Pa Slobs -Slobs - and more Slobs >

Pa Slobs -Slobs - and more Slobs

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Pa Slobs -Slobs - and more Slobs

Old 05-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa Slobs -Slobs - and more Slobs

Pat you crack me up bud. I've told Adrian bout this stuff many times.This is the first time he's experienced it here.For a little guy he cxan sure get ornery.I kinda chuckled about it.Been through it for too many yrs to get upset.Like you said after a few days they get bored and quit then a guy can hunt.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:39 PM

I was working a Hot Bird,last Friday,and had him within 40 yards,but like you, i could not see him,due to a slight elevation difference. I continued calling, and eventually called in another Hunter(Very Loosely used). He heard the Bird Gobble to my calls, and sits down 15 yards off to the right of me. ?????????? Im thinking what the $#@% are you trying to prove? I continue to motion for him to leave,when the Bird Gobbles on his own,right where he had held up. This guy cuts loose with Cutting so loud,that my ears were begging for mercy.Bird never responded. He gets up shortly after his Calling in a Hurricane sequence,and goes down off of the side of the hill,and promply unloads his Gun,one shot at a time.Dont know what he was shooting at, but i know that it was not the Bird. I got the solution,that would cure most of it,but at a cost to those that can not afford a Lisence increase,but are still Good Hunters. Simply put the Turkey Tags up to $150.00 a Crack and enforce it . Im done hunting that area, for the rest of the season.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had this happen many times. I just recently moved to New Hampshire from Central PA. I am originally from New England, but have lived in PA for the last 9 years. I spent a lot of time on public ground up in north central PA (armenia mountain) and the pressure there was ridiculous, hunters walking 50 yards away as your calling. I was very please this year when I spent time in the New England woods this spring, it is nice to be able to hunt public property all day long without seeing another hunter. That never happens in PA.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

it is nice to be able to hunt public property all day long without seeing another hunter. That never happens in PA.
Once in archery season I didn't see anyone else on some public land. But slob hunters don't like archery season, too much of a challenge for them.[]
Old 05-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that BT!!! Sounds like what kind of season I had last year!!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:31 PM

i dont think i have ever seen another hunter when im hunting...the only people i see are people/person i see is the person im hunting with if i go with someone...