Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Don't ya just hate it when .... >

Don't ya just hate it when ....

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Don't ya just hate it when ....

Old 04-11-2004, 08:42 PM

Default Don't ya just hate it when ....

Last Saturday my wife and I went hunting. I didn't hear any gobbling off the roost but the people hunting on the property next to us were doing pleanty of crow calling so I didn't feel the need to make any noise. After I figured they had flown down I called. Gobbbbblllllee. It was on the property next to us about 4 or 500 yards away. I heard the guys over there begin calling on a ridge across from us with no response. After I set up I began to call and it was obvious the gobblers were closing. I began to get suspicious of our neighbors behavior when I never heard them calling again after I set up so I began to call sparingly so as not to reveal his location too much. To my regret I was too late. BANG BANG BANG [:@] rang out about 75 yards from us. They got between me and the birds and never called. They just let me call them into them. This is about the third year they have done this. It seems to be the only way they can kill a bird.
I know that there is nothing much I can do about it but it is just aggrevating. I would have loved for my wife to have killed those birds. One of them weighed 22lbs. had a 10.5 " beard and 1.25 spurs! All is not despair though. I killed my second bird of the season that afternoon and a couple of days later my wife killed her first of the season.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Don't ya just hate it when ....

oh, i would have to say something to them....[:@] congrats to you both on your birds
Old 04-12-2004, 06:49 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]