Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

The Fighting Purr

Old 04-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default The Fighting Purr

Does anyone know where i can get any information on how to reproduce this? Or what kind of calls do i need to have? I would like to learn how to do this, as I have heard it works wonders on "un-interested" toms? What are your thoughts?
Old 04-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Fighting Purr

...I tell you how to produce the call,on a friction call,just get you striker all rough and
your call,and go at it,make as many cluck and purs,and puts as you can and call loud
and exciting,throw everything in except the yelp,you will sound just like to Toms
realy going at it..helps to hear the live action taking place..but to me thats what it
sounds like,big ole rackit....purr cluck,pur put cluck loud and frantic..
Old 04-07-2004, 09:38 PM

To initate a fighthing purr I use a mouth call and a slate style call in conjunction together, also throw in aggressive clucks and and a little more tempo to the purrs.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:11 AM

Kngiht&Hale make a fightin purr push pin call, it's just a super aggressive purr, like the rest have said usually two calls at once, although I had one come in behinf last year, see my jake deke and letout a fighting purr that scared the youknowwhat out of me[:-]
Old 04-08-2004, 02:37 PM

Any pushbutton call can easily imitate a fighting purr. Just make it purr harsher, or rougher, or more aggressively than you would when you are making a "contented" purr. To imitate a fight, use two.

You can do the same with a mouth diaphragm, if you can purr, by, again, making a more aggressive putt.

I use the K & H fighting purr system (2 pushbuttons) and also run a mouth diaphragm, with which I putt, purr and pop, while using the 2 pushbuttons to aggressively purr.