Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

The Fighting Purr ?

Old 02-08-2002, 01:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Fighting Purr ?

How many has used this call with success ? I can do it on a mouth call well , and have used it a few times , but don't seem to get alot of action with it. Have you ever tried it ?...BT
Old 02-08-2002, 03:13 AM

Default RE: The Fighting Purr ?

BT, I tried it once when I could see the Tom with a bunch of hen and nothing else was working for me and had nothing to loose. It scared the Tom and Hens away wont do it again.

Old 02-08-2002, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boss,I had it work one time.A buddy and I were about 25 yds apart callin to a hung up gobbler.I would call then my buddy would answer me.We ignored the gobbler.As I would call more aggressive my buddy would answer me more aggressive.Then I started with fightin purrs and in came the gobbler.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:19 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-08-2002, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Turkeys do most of there fighting when they are establishing there peking(spelling) order. So the fighting purr really is not that efective during the hunting season. I have had some success with it during the breading season. Good luck with that call BT.
Old 02-08-2002, 07:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-08-2002, 08:07 AM

When all else fails give it a try
Old 02-08-2002, 08:18 AM

I have used it successfully out west a few times, but it is something that is certainly a throw in the town maunever.

Ryan Tucker

Old 02-08-2002, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Last year I had two toms on the ground just after daylight. They were about 150 yards away. A hen left the roost and joined them. Ater that they would not respond to my calls. I started to use a slate to immitate a fighting purr, along with my version of a "wing thing" slapping against my leg. Both Toms left the hen and came into my gunner. I will definately use it again in a similar situation.
Old 02-08-2002, 12:19 PM

Ive also tried the fighting purr's,with mixed results,Untill I added a visual for them.I have two black pieces of cotton fabric slightly bigger than a good sized handkerchief.It's splashed with white markings.On a tag team effort,one person commences to start the fighting purr sequence,while the other sit's slightly behind the caller with one of the rag's in each hand.Jerking your hands up and down gives them the visual that they know they should be seeing.Killed several this way.

Quick Reply: The Fighting Purr ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.