Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

A special thank you

Old 03-22-2004, 12:13 PM

Default A special thank you

I came here about two years; found the site just surfing one day. I stopped in and unknown to me at the time I found a new home. I met some of the best people on here I have ever met in my life. It has become an everyday part of my life now to get home from work check the boards and jump in chat and say hello to everyone before i go to bed. These people most of whom I have never met have some how become a second family to me. No matter what the scenerio I always get an honest answer or opinion. The folks here are always more than willing to jump in and help you out the best they can. It truly amazes me that you can get to know someone so well but have never met them in person. Two of my good friends if not my best friends are on here and I have never met them. I met a few of the folks from here a few weeks ago at a show in N.C. and they were all super nice. I will be meeting two of the members in here in 18 days and it's like family coming home. I would like to thank all of you for making this site so welcoming to the new kid on the street. Pat, deadshot, TrapperG, Sunset, Admin, there are to many of you to list but you know who you are(even you Adrian) Thanks

Old 03-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A special thank you

I AGREE 100 %....
Old 03-22-2004, 04:12 PM

YOUNGBUCK you are one of the very first people i talked to on this site and i agree we have become like family, it seems that everytime one of us needs an ear to spill our life exsperiences someone is thre to listen and even try to help. you bro have been there along with pat and dd and quite a few others during mine and lisa's hard times, my own family wasnt there when i needed them the most last year thru my surgery and all the other garbage we dealt with, mine and lisa's heartfelt thanks goes out to all of you that have been there for us as a second family,,,,, and hey bro you make sure them big old toms are ready an waitin for pat and me when we get there lol deadshot, aka larry
Old 03-22-2004, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man we all need to get a Life!

You could not be more right, even being a Canadian I have met more fello's and the gals on here, then I meet in Ontario. Years back we had a few that seem to get along and somehow I ended up being a Moderator on here because these guys pushed me right into the up roar! [:@] Outch , I hate it when that happens!

I've been lucky enough to become great personal friends with some of the boys here, and a story that sets in my mind was back years ago when I was walking in a crowed at Erie PA. and suddenly I hear this BOSS TOM , I turned and this guy walks over and theres a Big hug ! man I was red in the face [:@] he squeezed me so hard! lol Well it was Jalvja that coming spring we,joined up for a Hunt, and after getting a couple of gobblers to come across a field and one gun, we rolled back and forth fighting over Who was going to shoot. Well its not as you think. We both tried to put the gun in each others hands! At one moment we stopped and watched the birds moving closer and the guns laying on the ground! O well, Jim's stronger then me so I decided to take the shot, WELL I missed 1 and 2 shots and conected on the 3rd. We found out later that Jim bent the barrel and wanted to see me miss! [8D] and I have Scrapper to back me on that one! Jim turned out to be the closest friend to me, as he has kept in contact and phones all the time, the brother that one really needs.

Scrapper is another from this forum, and he is the biggest Teddy Bear anyone would want to meet. We also became great friends and Boy that guy can walk! [:'(] up hills. He also can run ! On a passed hunt , we setup in a bad place and worked a Gobbler with a hen, well the gobbler fell for some good calling that both of us did , but scrapper was behind the gun, the shot was pushing out but at the end of the season we thought strong enough the gun would do it. After the bang, the gobbler disappeared , we jumped up and ran ,I was in the lead, then scrapper with the stride started to pash me, I turned on the Chargers ! we both ran right past the gobbler as it was running the other way !! We did get it,, great bird..

Then I had a hunt with my pal Anthony Hunter, this was as much fun as all the rest. We learned a number of things over a few days, 1/ not to hunt in the Army field areas, as there is people everywhere enjoying the same hunt as we were. 2/ I need to brush up on my distance judging. 3/ don't yank any spider webs

Then Maytom we have had some great times aswell. We have met on different times and even enjoyed a Columbus weekend a couple of times. I just may get a turkey hunt in with him aswell this year.

Spent sometime with Thundergut and He is also a very nice fello and I can see a hunt in the works with him aswell in the future.

There's lots of great people on here, and concider everyone a friend...BT
Old 03-22-2004, 04:59 PM
VP

Adrian, You hit the nail on the head Bro!

We do need to get a life, I'm the same way- Same routine everyday, Walk in the door, grab a Coke, turn on the ole puter and check the board, sit their reading post and taking jabs at Jalvja and laughing at Bobgobble2 and sitting there for the next hour and a half glued to the screen- Like most of everyone on here, I've never laid eyes on the first one or even heard their voices but enjoy reading everyones post like we were carrying on a regular conversation on the front porch. It drives my wife insane, she says I spend more time on the computer then with her then she say something like "What are you and Bob picking on Jalvja for today" then she comes and sits beside me to read what were talking about-
It's addicting as heck( can I say that?) but I love it !
Old 03-22-2004, 06:09 PM

YB;you are so right.there are so many good folks here.all you have to do is ask,and you get several answers.

a bunch of real good people.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:27 PM

Youngbuck,
I agree 100% with you, you, your family, and so many others have been wonderful to meet. Glad you made this post. It is long over due to say thanks.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:02 PM

YOUNG BUCK 76 YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!!!! TAKE CARE AND SAFE HUNTING.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok Enough of the mushy talk,Lets all have a group hug[Everybody circle around me.Remember ladies first.The rest of you guys just gather around real tight