Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

kick's or comp n choke

Old 03-19-2004, 11:00 AM

Default kick's or comp n choke

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum as I usually look at the archery ones. Anyhow, I bought a new winchester 1300 NWTF short turkey last month. After patterning, I am not sure if I am 100% satisfied with the factory choke tube (extended & ported one). I was looking at getting either a kicks or comp -n-choke to compare with the factory tube. Anybody have any experience with either and advice to give?

Thanks
Bill
Old 03-19-2004, 11:09 AM

Default RE: kick's or comp n choke

Are you going to shoot hevi-shot or lead. I have kick"s Gobblin thunder on my 835 for the last 5 years and the choke is awesome. I seem to recall you can't shoot HS thru it.... now that was last year. I also shoot
a Beretta AL390 I just got dipped in MO BU and I reload my own HS shells. I shoot a Briley HS choke with it
that is plain awesome. I really like the Kick's for lead but the choke is a little expensive. The briley's extended turkey choke was around $35 at BP and with HS 3" #5 it is just plain awesome!
Old 03-19-2004, 12:05 PM

I have the comp-n-choke on my 835 and it throws one heck of a pattern (190-200 #5's in a 10" circle @42 yards) As I understand it the comp-n-choke and kicks are made from the same company. If you want to shoot hevi shot or ever plan on it I would make the investment($90) in a rhino choke have never heard one bad thing about it and some of the patterns I have seen are amazing.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:03 PM

Mich...
I have the same gun. I love the wieght and short style . I have just ordered a Rhino tube . It should be here next week . I will keep you posted.
The people at Nitro Ammo tell me the gun should spit out 150+ in 10 inches at 40 . Not bad at all .
Old 03-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Typical Buck

Learned this a few weeks ago from taw, hope he read my last reply post on this subject.

Actually totoe, comp n choke makes the kicks gobblin thunder choke tube. A couple of weeks ago I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with comp n choke and the guy there told me that I would see very little if any differance btw. the two. So, the moral is they are both pretty much the same tube.
I like the Kicks tube personally out of my Remingtons
Old 03-19-2004, 05:10 PM

Hi Michiganiac and welcome to the turkey forum! I shoot the Kick's GT on a Remington 870 w/ 21" barrel. I use Win. HV 3" #5's in it and it puts out a great pattern. The Kick's or Comp-N-Choke both will work very well w/ copperplated lead shot, but I'd have to agree w/ Bigsmooth35, if you want to shoot the Hevishot, put out the extra $$ and get the Rhino. The Hevishot shooters seem to be getting great results with it.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:03 AM
Typical Buck

...Welcome...go for the COMP-N-CHOKE....DONT LIKE SEND IT BACK..