Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkeys gobbling in GA

Old 03-17-2004, 09:19 AM

Default Turkeys gobbling in GA

Went out this morning to see if I could here anything, by 6:15 I had heard six turkeys. Three of the Six would gobble at anything. When the turkeys flew down all but two of them didn't say another word. The two birds that keep gobbling talked untill about 7:30. What a great morning to be in the woods. Can't wait untill this weekend.

If anyone else has anymore information write me back. I will read this about two to three times a day. Would really like to hear back from some of you all.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:37 AM

Default RE: Turkeys gobbling in GA

Sounds good, I'll be hunting near Valdosta March 26 - March 29. Thanks for the update, and hopefully we'll be getting more. The turkeys are starting to gobble better here in MO, and I'm ready to break nasty on 'em.
Widow Maker
Old 03-17-2004, 12:02 PM

Hey Mossyhead! What part of GA are you in? I'm above Dalton and hadn't been able to get out and listen yet.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:08 PM

Hey trizey I hunt around the augusta area.
Old 03-18-2004, 12:03 AM

mossyhead,

I also hunt the Augusta area. Cant wait until sat. I went out this am and heard three or four. Dont have much time to scout this year. Trying to rely on last years data. You hunt private land or WMA?
Old 03-18-2004, 12:00 PM

I hunt in Ga as well. Opening morning I'll be in Hawkinsville (if anyone knows where that is). Sunday I;m gonna hunt up around Forsyth, and I hope to hunt in Tifton on Monday morning. As far as the gobbling, they're getting real hot real quick. This weekend should be equally good for anyone in the state. The weather looks like it's gonna be perfect. I'm filming all this weekend's hunts for a show on the Sportmans Channel. We'll be on pretty soon. If we get one, I'll let yall know so you can watch. Good Luck and let us know if you get one.
Old 03-18-2004, 04:57 PM

Hey Bubba where do you hunt at around augusta. I hunt private land. I have some more good news. This morning I went out and heard some really hot birds. I say I heard about 4 to 6 birds. The birds kept gobbling well after they hit the ground. I could not stay and see how long the birds would gobble. We all have this little thing call work that gets in the way of everything. I was out there untill around 7:15 are so this morning. Hey Old Faithful my brother and I are also filming are hunts. I will send you some if you would like to see them. We have 4 nice hunts from last year. I hope to have some PIC for you all this weekend if evrything works out like a hope it will.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:16 AM

mossyhead868, I also went out this am and heard about 5-6 birds, we werent in the same place were we? Just kidding, I have to hunt WMA land because I'm up here in school. I usually hunt Yuchi. I had to get to class but the birds I left were still gobbling at about 6:50. Are the birds you have been watching henned up yet?
Old 03-19-2004, 09:56 AM

Hey bubba were do you go to school at. I am also in school. If you ever want to go hunt some private land give me an email. I have a few places we can go. My family owns about 2000 acers. I think it has some of the best turkey hunting around. Good luck in the morning to you.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:22 PM

mossyhead; I'm a Junior dental student at MCG. Any time your up for a little hunting, I am. I have spring break the week af masters-- I know its public land, but I might can return the favor and let you hunt some new territory. I had real good luck there last year. Especially during spring break. Good luck in the morning; I dont know if you read one of the other posts, but hopefully my wife won't miss in the am like she did last year! I could have killed the bird with a stick!!!

bubba

Quick Reply: Turkeys gobbling in GA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.