Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Benelli Nova (which choke?) >

Benelli Nova (which choke?)

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Benelli Nova (which choke?)

Old 03-14-2004, 03:51 PM

Default Benelli Nova (which choke?)

I have a Benelli Nova and have been shooting Federal 3 inch No.5's through a Truglo Choke. It patterns pretty well at 25 yards but at 35 yards and beyond. the pattern is way too spread out. I was wondering what other Benelli Nova owners use for a choke. I am thinking about trying out a HS Undertaker choke. Please let me know your opinion as to what choke is best for this gun.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Benelli Nova (which choke?)

As I was watching H.S's Cutt'n and Strutt'n 8 VHS, I noticed they all use the Undertaker in their Benellis and it seems to take them at quite some distance. I'd say that choke it well worth a try.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:35 PM

Ya know, BrushChimp, you are right. Now that I think about it, I did notice that one hunter on this video did have a Benelli Nova. Thanks for pointing that out. I think I will have to go try one out.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Since I have bben on this forum I have recommended the Undertaker choke in any Benelli. The first 3 1/2" chambered gun I had was the Nova. It reached out at a downhill 59 yards and smoked a Tennesee Tom. Last season I ran a Beretta Extrema which did not pattern all that well. Traded it for The Benelli Steady Grip and I am back in the 60 yard game again. I do not support habitual 60 yard shots but it is easy to misjudge distance with gobblin thunder in your face. Go with the Undertaker you'll thank us!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

1turkeykiller, Not only am I also from Iowa but I also went through the exact same senario. I just replaced my Tru-Glo tube with a Carlson ported tube. Last year I tried a Undertaker also and was disappointed, that's how I ended up with a the Tru-Glo.
Save your money on that Undertaker. I really like the Carlson I just got.