Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

missouri turkeys

Old 02-27-2004, 09:19 PM
duc

Default missouri turkeys

would like info on hunting mo. turkeys, preferably the mark twain. thanks
Old 02-28-2004, 07:28 AM

Default RE: missouri turkeys

Can't help you on the Mark Twain state land, that is about the opposite end of the state from me. But I can tell you the turkey hunting is great all over the state of Missouri. No matter where you go, you're never far from a bunch of turkeys.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I live right in the middle of the Mark Twain in Southern Mo. Duc. Great turkey hunting about anywhere in the public lands. Where specifically was you wanting to hunt?
Old 02-28-2004, 12:56 PM
duc

not sure, ive heard of a small town called Emmince?? some guys i know have talked about it. just really trying to get info on maybe where to go, that i dont have to drive a whole day to get there. dont have a lot of time off at once maybe a day or 2. i'm a bout 30 miles east of ft.smith, ark. thanks alot
Old 02-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never hunting them IN Missouri but the land that I hunt is bordered on the south by Missouri and the hunting is awesome!!! It is my favorite place in the world to be in the spring.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I live about 40 miles from Eminence, There is some great hunting between Winona and Alton, in Shannon and Oregon counties. Also if you can get a map there is some great hunting with thousands and thousands of acres of public hunting between Thomasville and BirchTree Mo. All of it should be good, there will be some hunting pressure but not to bad.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:33 PM
duc

hey guys, thanks for the info. it;s greatly aprreciated. good hunting and good luck.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:21 PM

Anyone know of any good public land down around Wright County. I am hoping to get my wife her first bird this year. We will have to stay at my moms in douglas county so we will have a baby sitter. I have yet to find any good public land in douglas county. Well at least any public land where the turks will actually come to a call on the first weekend of the season after all the hunting that goes on during the week.
Old 03-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sapper the hunting pressure is pretty bad in Douglas and Ozark counties, I have never hunted Wright county, I think you would be better off going East a couple of counties into Oregon county, Around Thomasville Mo., some of the best public hunting in Mo IMO.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:17 PM

Sapper, i have to disagree with Strut (no offense strut), but turkey hunting in Douglas Co. is just as good as anywhere and better than some places. Follow hwy 95 south until you cross the Bryant at the low water bridge, then go back about 1/2 mile to the top of the ridge. This would be an excellent place to start. Drive around this area, up and down some of the access roads to get the lay of the land, then pick your spot. Any of the ridgetops will work well. As far as pressure goes, walking 1/2 mile will put 90% of hunters behind you, and put you into birds that have had little or no human contact. If you're feeling particularly adventuresome, get a canoe and access the birds from the river. Hope this helps and saves you some driving as this is practically in your backyard.

Quick Reply: missouri turkeys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.