Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Pics Of a slate over glass i just finished >

Pics Of a slate over glass i just finished

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Pics Of a slate over glass i just finished

Old 02-06-2004, 04:15 PM

Default RE: Pics Of a slate over glass i just finished

Thanks for the info it was very helpful, I am going to try and get the materials and start on one right away.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: rutnstrut71

Thanks for the info it was very helpful, I am going to try and get the materials and start on one right away.
No prob man...lsiten it is easy and fun. The one i made sounds just as good as a $40 call i bought from a custom maker. I will never do that again. I am going to make my own from now on

let me know if you need anything

Old 02-06-2004, 07:13 PM

Great looking call .308!! Here is a glass over glass in a zebrawood that I made last year.Nothing fancy but it has a great sound.

Old 02-06-2004, 08:32 PM

Damn nice looking call man, is the a pic you put on there or did you hand paint that. My next call i was going to do zebra wood.. can i see the bottom of it so i can see how the wood will turn out.
I love how mine sounds, its crazy how great they sound...are you impressed with yours, i cant put mine down .

Old 02-06-2004, 11:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow man...that is nice!!!! I have always wanted to make one of my own but never have gotten around to it. Congrats on yours and good luck this spring. Hey wacker, yours looks excellent too.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

both are nice
Old 02-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

I already make my own strikers, but I am really looking forward to making a slate call. I am also gonna try making them wingbone yelpers. Does anybody have any tips on making them? Thanks. BB
Old 02-07-2004, 03:48 PM

I am also gonna try making them wingbone yelpers. Does anybody have any tips on making them? Thanks. BB
Beard,
here is alink for yelper http://www.customcalls.com/makeawingbonecall1.htm

It seems failry easy. After I kill a turkey this year i too am going to make one
Old 02-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

AWESOME looking calls guys. After seeing those it has me itching to try to make one of those my self.
.308, Is that slate call you made very loud? It seems that most of the slate calls I have aeren't loud enough to reach out to that gobbler very far off. About how long did it take you to make that call? Did you use the 3/4" SAE Washer in the bottom?

Wacker,How did you get that turkey in your call like that? It lookes really cool like that! I am thinking about doing something like that if I can find out how you did that, because I'm thinking of doing a glass over glass call. How does it sound?

Well I think that is all of my questions for now. LOL
Old 02-08-2004, 11:26 PM

The picture is just cut from a magazine and I used a little glue on the edges.The call has a great sound to it.Instead of washers I used nickels between the bottom of the call and the sound board so the call is worth ten cents!

Quick Reply: Pics Of a slate over glass i just finished

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.