Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

feeder setup

Old 02-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Spike

Default feeder setup

Any do's and don'ts to keep in mind when setting up a feeder? I have a population out at my mom's and am going out there in two weeks to set up a tripod feeder. There were 18 birds in the driveway last week! One of the roosts is just off their property and am wanting to give the birds reason to frequent the area of which I have access.
I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks
Old 02-03-2004, 09:11 PM

Default RE: feeder setup

set it up next to the fence and take a coffee can and throw corn as close to the roost as u can and get them eatin the corn once they start hitting it start hitting them [:-]
Old 02-03-2004, 10:04 PM

Default RE: feeder setup

Make sure it is legal to bait turkeys in your state. I know here in Sc it is not legal to but out corn or any grains but you can plant food plots.

If it is legal buy one you can set on a timer and just set the feeder near their trails...they will find the corn. Set the feeder to put corn out in the am when they are in the roost. This way the corn is down for them to find..once they see that corn is there everyday at the same time they will be back..it is the same theory as any other baitng. just supply a constant source of food around the same time each day and they will come...but again make sure it is legal