Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Aluminator

Old 02-01-2004, 09:06 AM
VP

Default Aluminator

Took my oldest son yesterday to the local sporting Goods store to try on some boots they had on clearence and afterwards we slipped off the turkey call sections- Well, he pitched a fit over wanting the QB Aluminator call, anyway I picked it up for him and when we got out to the truck he started sanding on it for about 10 minutes and then started calling with it- About another 10 min down the road he had my attention with this thing- I had never really messed with any Aluminum calls before so I stopped the truck on the side of the road and said gimmie that thing boy and got out of the truck to see what it really sounded like and WOW- With that carbon striker it sounds SWEET.....
Needless to say, I couldnt convince him that it sounded bad and that he should just give it to me so I had to turn around and go back to Sporting Goods store and pick up another one for yours truely---
Only mine sounds Better! HA
Now he wants to switch, so I have to put some color spray paint on the bottom so he doesnt put the ole switcharue on me....
Old 02-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Aluminator

He's got your # Vance!!I know we spend an arm and leg on everything that sounds good to the ole turkey ears but heres another you might want to check out at the sporting good store H.S.'s Black Magic.Its another aluminum call that will make you turn your head i garruntee it!!
Old 02-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

VP he's just a good ol QuakerBoy Boy ...BT
Old 02-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Careful Vance,That's how it starts.First your calls,then your gun and eventually you hot spotsNice to hear of another youngun with the intrest.
Old 02-01-2004, 04:27 PM

Aluminum calls definitely rock! I have an original M.A.D. Super Aluminator and it makes turkey music that will rival some of my best custom calls!! Matched with a carbon striker, they absolutely recreate scratchy, old hen yelps. For rainy days, and when prospecting for birds, aluminum is my choice.

Tyler
Old 02-02-2004, 07:47 AM
VP

I know what you mean Jalvja- I can see it happening now-
I find stuff missing out of my Turkey vest all the time, I ask em about it and he denies it.. then somehow it turns up back in my vest in a day or two.
Deer season was the same way..
I quit trying to keep a Tackle box with all of my fishing lures in it cause they disappear , unfortunately those never make it back..
Probably donated to some low lying Cypress limb in the lake
Old 02-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've always liked the sound of aluminum calls so 2 years ago I bought QB's 3 in one call. It has 3 surfaces, one slate, one aluminum, and I cant remember what the other is. I think I'm going to pick up knight and hale's aluminum call.