Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Only 55 more sleepless nights >

Only 55 more sleepless nights

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Only 55 more sleepless nights

Old 01-30-2004, 03:42 PM
VP

Default Only 55 more sleepless nights

Here it is, Jan 30 already!!!!

Here in De Sportsman's Paradise of Crawdads, Waterfowl & Mardi Gras, we only have 55 mo days till the Opening of Turkey Season!!
Thats almost like tomorrow! It's bout 60 degrees and the trees el start budding in couple weeks with new growth and the Dog Woods will be covering the Woods like the "Snow" that you poor fellas way up north will be looking at for the NEXT 3-4 months, only we dont have to wait till the dogwoods to thaw out to hunt-hehe[8D]
The ole Gobblers will start a little Gobblin Activity here in about 3 weeks- To bad the board doesnt have any audio capability , cause I'd sure record a bunch and post it on here for you fellas way up their to listen to and salavatate over-
I guess ole BT is about the farthest one North,
How many more SLEEPLESS Night do you have way up there?

Just Rubbin it in a little,Fellas- No Pun intended
Old 01-30-2004, 03:49 PM

Default RE: Only 55 more sleepless nights

Hey Now thats not very nice VP.[&:] I can here Gobbling in my sleep. So falling asleep is all I got to look forward to. The gobblers should start sounding off in around four to six weeks up here in Wisconsin. I don't want to try and count how many days it is befor I can hunt.
Old 01-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah we gotta wait a little. Season begins here on Apr. 15. But what will you be doing the first 2 weeks in may???? Besides getting sun burned and not being able to sleep for a week that is. I'll be turkey hunting!!!! So while right now we cant wait and yes we will be jealous in 55 days. We will get to rub it in come May!! Just playin. Hope you have good luck.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:50 AM
VP

That is so true Jep,

Come May , it'll be 100 degrees and the fishing wont even be good anymore.All We Coon A$$'s will be able to do is eat Crawfish and fight off the skeeters-

Good luck to you fellas