Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 are these turkey scratchs?? >

are these turkey scratchs??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

are these turkey scratchs??

Old 01-24-2004, 12:24 AM

Default are these turkey scratchs??

i was walkin a hardwood/pine wooded area right next 2 our cabin like 60 yds from there me and a friend have seen 2 there and called up a jake across the road but ne ways i come to spots that are kinda raked back like a scrape but not to the soil under neth like 12 inch oak trees and then in other spots are these where turkeys have scratched the ground loking for food or vegitation??[:-]
Old 01-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: are these turkey scratchs??

Sounds like it to me. They usually look like you took a yard rake to the woods and peeled the leaves back.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:34 AM

thanx man now im sure i know where them birds are hangin out ive found them roostin not to far from there 2 deer seasons ago[:-] this is lookin good TEAM 5
Old 01-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Typical Buck

I had the same thing last year. Watched 3 big toms for 3 hours on my deer stand. Turkey season rolled around and well.............I saw them again this deer season. Bu now they've picked up a buddy. I've got a better plan for this year though. Looking real good for team 10.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey scratches are not very big , the spot that is scatched is about 1 foot wide by 1.5 fet long. Most times they are like a > shape with the top being narrow and the bottom is wider. This can also tell you in what direction the birds where traveling. Tureys while scratching will pull there feet back, piling the ground cover in a small heep. Here is Pic that has a few different turkey signs in it. Sorry the quauilty is not good. The Top is a dusting bowl , the 2nd is Strut marks, and 3rd is scatchings in leaves.